Private Sale Question

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Phire

Private Sale Question

Post by Phire »

Do you have to pay Tax when you are buying a car (Under $7000) from someone privately?
macnwigs

Re: Private Sale Question

Post by macnwigs »

you save on GST, but i think you still have to pay tax on the blue book value of the car.....
"A man is only as old as the woman he feels"
Groucho Marx (1895-1977)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-Albert Einstein
airjordon_09

Post by airjordon_09 »

when you buy the car, ask him to make the bill of sale for like $4500 cause thats the value for it, when i bought my car
JºrDôñ
Mx sold, gonna miss ya babe

gti_driven@hotmail.com
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

even if you buy a car for 1200 bucks like i did, you would still have to pay the retail value of the car as indicated in the used vehicle package in the second page, note that there are two values for your vehicle, one is the wholesale value and the other one would be the retail value, and you will be paying PST ( damn that bastard who created this thing! ). I am saying this because i just bought a 96 VW GTI for my bruda 3 days ago, and no matter what the seller wrote in the bill of sale, they still wanted to charged me 700 bucks! :D
Cuz i can always write you a bill of sale for 20 cents, and sign under it eh!! :D :D <p>But if you buy it from a dealer, as long as they are nice enough, dealin with tax stuff is easier!! :D :D<p>[ January 07, 2003: Message edited by: kuruption1983 ]</p>
airjordon_09

Post by airjordon_09 »

i agree with kev, but.....just say the blue book or whatever the hell it is called value is around 4, but the bill of sale is made out for 7 grand, you HAVE to pay the tax on the 7 grand not the 4, i know a couple people working for the ministry, they say its just easier to ask for the seller for a note saying the car was sold at the bleu book value
JºrDôñ
Mx sold, gonna miss ya babe

gti_driven@hotmail.com
RaspMetalicMX3SE

Post by RaspMetalicMX3SE »

when i bought mine i paid 5500 for it but the kid said i paid like 500 for it ans put as is for the condition so that way they dont know what condition the car is in. that was two years ago and i only had to pay like 40 for tax. never had any problems with it
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

thats a kewl idea,,,,
I will definitely try that,,
What i did on this GTI was when they asked me to pay tax, i just signed that back of the ownership and took it to a friend @ keele street MTO office. He gave me a free temporary license valid for the next 29 days,,, :D
Cuz i aint gonna pay money to these MFCKS,, :D
Soo plz explain more how to pay the actual sale value no the book value, cuz i paid 4300$ for the car but the retail value is 10500,,,
Any help would be appreciated,
Sublime68-96

Post by Sublime68-96 »

that might just be a difference in the rule between the two countries.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”