Legacy amps & subs

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Doreago

Legacy amps & subs

Post by Doreago »

Anybody have or had a Legacy amp or sub? I see that they are pretty cheap, but Im wondering if they will do the job. I seen a 1400W amp and 2 800W subs for about $300 CAN on Ebay. Thinking about getting them cause I dont have much cash right now. Anyone who has any Legacy equipment please post and give your feedback.
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

Re: Legacy amps & subs

Post by -=deathtrap-mx3=- »

dude, you can get them. or you could spend about $700 and buy nice subs and a nice amp. i'm gonna be blunt: those subs and amps aren't very good. i would never purchase one. they won't last long, and will be distorted. i really would just hold off and save ur money. you'll be happier(atleast you should be!)<BR>-Marc
Looking for a 94+GS for KL-ZE fun :)
02 Protege DX Retired
93 MX-3 RS Gone But Not Forgotten
SirCruizer

Post by SirCruizer »

If you want to go inexpensive but good go with Pioneer. I know alot of people are going to be like blah, but thats because they will tell you get this setup or that setup which is alot more expensive for alot more... Now I dont know much about setups and top of the line stuff... I had 4 MTX subs in my Camaro and it rocked, but a friend of mine got some pioneers in his and they sound just as good as the MTX... OF course MTX, Cerwin Vega, Orion, stuff like thats going to be better but if on a budget get pioneer cause they arent to expensive and they get the job done... I think I am going pioneer all around... Deck, speakers, amp, and all
Friends dont let friends drive Domestic
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

My cuzin iz running a 600W Legacy amp and it sounds OK, but only 2 of 4 channels work. If you want a good amp, go with Bazooka (I know the name sux, but the AMP's are good) and Definatly go Pioneer subs.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
KWK MX3

Post by KWK MX3 »

I had a Legacy 1200watt (2x600) and they are pretty good for the price. There is a guy in Mississauga who sells them for dirt cheap.I think i paid 250 for it. I was running a 15 JBL sub with it until one night i came home and noticed wires hanging out of my trunk. Then i noticed the passenger window broken.<BR>The rookie thieves coundnt take my deck but took the amp and sub. <BR>Yes i am SOOO pissed off, wouldnt you be??
KWK MX3
Alt-Tab

Post by Alt-Tab »

I've got a Legacy Series II amp (500w) and a single Pioneer TSW302-C (same as Barry Clark) and I love both the amp and the sub. The only other amp I have ever had was the Road Gear 250w from Wal-Mart (which died about a year and a half after I bought it, overheating I think).
Taylor<P>1995 Chevy C1500 Dark Blue<BR>* 305 (5.0L V8)<BR>* Hypertech Performance chip<BR>* Dynomax dual exhaust<P>SOLD: 1995 Dodge Dakota Sport - Flame Red<BR>* 3.9L V6 - 175 hp<BR>* Flowmaster dual exhaust<P>I Miss my MX-3:<BR>1992 MX-3 GS Blaze Red
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Legacy is just Pyramid in disguise. If u want Pyramid in ur car running ur system pop it in, but if ur smart spend a little extra coin and get Pioneer or Kenwood. Both in a good price range for those who can't afford too much. <P> :D
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
Doreago

Post by Doreago »

Thanks for the replys. I am giving up on the legacy s---. gonna buy 2 rockford fosgate 10's (maybe 12's) and a pioneer amp. Hopefully it will rock pretty hard.
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

Post by -=deathtrap-mx3=- »

it sure will. it doesn't take mush to pound in an mx3. my little 10s with only 180 watts each can bump great. i'm guessing you're gonna buy a box already made, so make sure the subs are angled and face the hatch when you get them.
Looking for a 94+GS for KL-ZE fun :)
02 Protege DX Retired
93 MX-3 RS Gone But Not Forgotten
Doreago

Post by Doreago »

what do you mean facing the hatch? face up?
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

NO, face them toward the rear of the car, but put them as far forward as they will go. the sound waves will reverb off the back of the car. It will sound nice.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”