remote start on stick

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions

remote start on stick

Post by Guest »

Has anyone figured out how to put remote start on a manual transmission, the v6 1.8 92' mx
Deano96GS

Re: remote start on stick

Post by Deano96GS »

Supposedly if its stick, it makes the job like 2x more difficult, just from what some installers told me, ( also jacks up the installation price ) also, supposedly cars from 96 and up are more difficult to install them on, ( by passing certain securtity features, or something like that )
Deano, 1996 Black GS<BR>http://members.shaw.ca/mx-three
mx3ADAM

Post by mx3ADAM »

if you over ride the clutch switch, but extremely careful to NOT LEAVE YOUR CAR IN GEAR!!!! :eek:
I EAT HONDAS FOR BREAKFAST!!!<P>MMMMM HONDA, TASTES LIKE "CHICKEN"!!

Post by Guest »

has anyone actually done this though, i'm looking to find out step by step... thnx<P>Nefarius
LiquidMazda

Post by LiquidMazda »

Dude it can be done.. businesses won't do it though cause of insurance reasons... if you get it done Don't turn the car off with it in gear.. if you restart it with the remote start it will take off... and not stall.. my friend ran into a wall when he put his on
Liquid Mazda

Post by Guest »

ok, so heres my setup. hopefully someone can tell me what i can do. i have the directed electronics 6000esp, it doesnt have auto start but i think there might be a way for me to add it on. as far as i can tell i need to get some kind of neutral safety or neutral override switch. anyone have any ideas?
back alley

Post by back alley »

i just had a remote start installed today on my '92 5 speed v6. the starter cost $158. plus $140 for installation. that's canadian dollars. it's called a polarstart, made in montreal, canada. it also starts itself in cold weather. model number is ps-2760m. they also had a model that included an alarm.<BR>hth
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

I seen some1 smash their car into a wall because they must have left it in gear. I just hear the car start, and right after that, BOOM!
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
p00onU

Post by p00onU »

Hey bro I had the automatic startup on my mazda mx-3 RS, 5 speed... it was a Clifford Alarm, you could roll down the windows from your remote, turn on the lights, start the car, I got rid of it though, it makes more of a problem then it is really worth, just go with a basic alarm. trust me
Dont forget that racers are rebels.<BR>_ _____________________________ _ <BR>Super Jet Black 92'Mazda MX-3 RS<BR>Red 92'Mazda MX-3 GS (totalled)

Post by Guest »

so how does the install go, is it basically like installing it on an automatic just more dangerous or is there some actual extra parts that are needed?

Post by Guest »

well hopefully someone will be able to help me.<P>has anyone actually done this mod to their car, if not, do you know anyone of know of any other BB's that i can check? [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
alpaca

Post by alpaca »

The remote start will install identically onto a stick as an automatic, except for one difference. There is a switch that activates when the clutch is depressed in order to complete the circuit. You can bypass this by making it always open, as mentioned earlier, but it will allow you to start the car without depressing the clutch, and possibly in gear. The best method to circumvent this would be to attach the crank wire to the crank circuit after the clutch switch so that there is no need for the clutch to be depressed to remote start the car, but it will have to be down to start it normally. That is the ONLY difference. <BR>Now, as mentioned before, the car will start, irregardless of whether the car is in neutral, 1st, reverse or whatever, so it is best to develope some means of not letting that happen.<BR>I have installed them before, but never on a Mazda. I will be doing my MX-3 with a remote start and alarm around Christmas, and would be willing to put a tutorial or something up if anyone is interested. Sorry I can't do it sooner, but the system is a x-mas present. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Post by Guest »

dude thats great, as soon as you can get it done feel free to email me the info on how to get it done safely... =-)<P>Thnx

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”