6 X 9 speakers

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
cemcintosh

6 X 9 speakers

Post by cemcintosh »

I am wanting to mount some 6 X 9's in the rear where the factory speakers are. anyone who has done this, will you please tell me how you did it. I'm not exactly sure where to start.
KingFisher

Re: 6 X 9 speakers

Post by KingFisher »

Hey buddy I could tell you what I did. Where the two 51/2 " round speakers are just replace them with high performance 5 1/2 " speakers (the same size speakers) Then what I did was go to my friends shop and built a custom box that went across the back right behind the seat. I put two competition JL audio 6"-9" speakers in that box. If you want e-mail me and I can give you the specs on the box or a pic.. I think it is your best option..... <BR>ANDREW* :cool: :cool: :cool:
ANDREW*<BR>1996 Mazda MX-3 GS
Wheelz

Re: 6 X 9 speakers

Post by Wheelz »

I have Kenwood 6x9's where the stock rear speakers are, all you have to do is cut out some of the plastic, using a hacksaw or dremel tool, then place the speaker in, and place the cover on, the speaker will pop in to place, remove the cover carefully and screw the speaker down. It will need to be angled downward to fit in the hole though. Not that hard and a lot more juice than a 5.25" speaker.
1993 MX-3 RS/GS-R Under Construction

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”