2nd DIN

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
precidian

Re: 2nd DIN

Post by precidian »

I was able to get one of the full sized pockets from a 626 for about $5 from the Mazda dealer. Apparenty they are pulling them out of the 626s to put in the CD player... <BR>cheapest upgrade that I have found from Mazda.<BR>cheers,
Tom S. - '94 MX-3 GS-X Sparkle Green

I say, Ahmed. What is that thing you do when you're about to assassinate an infidel?
A_Mx-3

Post by A_Mx-3 »

i have a 2001 model kenwood deck that changes face colors and im going to get a in dash combo dvd/tv, i was thinking bout have this set up? having the kenwood cd deck on the bottom din and the indash dvd with the montior on the top but i probably going to need (3) three to fit them and would it be a good idea to hook up speakers to each so it wouldnt interfere with each other and i know im going to probably need another battery in there also? any suggestions would help thanks
IN NEED OF HELP ASAP!!!
A_Mx-3

Post by A_Mx-3 »

because right now i stripped EVERYTHING in the car to do the interior so i mind as well do this too
IN NEED OF HELP ASAP!!!
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by johnny:<BR><STRONG>i have a 2001 model kenwood deck that changes face colors and im going to get a in dash combo dvd/tv, i was thinking bout have this set up? having the kenwood cd deck on the bottom din and the indash dvd with the montior on the top but i probably going to need (3) three to fit them and would it be a good idea to hook up speakers to each so it wouldnt interfere with each other and i know im going to probably need another battery in there also? any suggestions would help thanks</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You're gunna need three of what? I wouldn't wire them to individual speakers, then you would need 2 sets of highs, 4 sets of mids, 2 sets of lows, and seperate amps to run them all. Seems like an awful lot of extra weight for nothing (imagine 4 speaker boxes in your trunk and only being able to run 2 at a time). If you were to splice the wires into each other and just run them to one relay, it would be easier, and cheaper. Also, you won't have your CD deck on at the same time as your DVD right? No reason for the added speakers. If you don't know what you're doing take it to a shop. They will be able to install it and make it so you don't need 14 different speakers.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
mmonid

Post by mmonid »

I am no car audio expert, but I just bought and installed the Kenwood MP3 player in my car. It said that it is capible of AUX input. The DVD would probably have preouts to go to an amp. Is there anything stopping you from running wires from the preout to the line in if you have it (downside, I think you have to buy a special cable from the Kenwood)? That would save getting the extra speakers and amps.
Matthew Monid

1993 MX-3 RS 5-Speed (Sold)/1997 Volvo 850 AWD Turbo 5-Speed
mmonid

Post by mmonid »

I am no car audio expert, but I just bought and installed the Kenwood MP3 player in my car. It said that it is capible of AUX input. The DVD would probably have preouts to go to an amp. Is there anything stopping you from running wires from the preout to the line in if you have it (downside, I think you have to buy a special cable from the Kenwood)? That would save getting the extra speakers and amps.
Matthew Monid

Da_Wiggy

Post by Da_Wiggy »

for any one that wants a din pocket, Metra makes them so any car stereo place dealing with them could get them.
mmonid

Post by mmonid »

Sorry about the double post :confused:
Matthew Monid

Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

i believe you could set it up through the aux preouts, but what i have found is if you do it that way you may need to buy a dvd unit that matches your head unit. JVC and Clarion are both like that.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
mmonid

Post by mmonid »

With the Kenwood unit, the AUX inputs are also RCA, so you are able to plug in anything at all with RCA outputs. It was a smart idea of Kenwood to do that so you could plug almost anything into it.
Matthew Monid

VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by reklez:<BR><STRONG>With the Kenwood unit, the AUX inputs are also RCA, so you are able to plug in anything at all with RCA outputs. It was a smart idea of Kenwood to do that so you could plug almost anything into it.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That would work. The only downside is that if you run it that way, you will introduce more interference into your system thatn you prolly want. Check the Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) for each individual unit (i.e. DVD, Monitor, Kenwood deck, Amp, Sub or speakers). Unlike with performance mods, THD does ad up across the board. If you can add it all up and get less than a 0.1% then you're good. If not, I'd take away one or more of the components. A THD of 0.1% or less is undetectable by the human ear, so you will not be able to notice it. If it's more than that, you will.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
codene

Post by codene »

i was gonna put my monitor in my second din but when it was in 1,3,5 the shifter was in the way and i oculdnt see anything. neither could the passenger. so i out my monitor in the top and in dash dvd player in the second din. looks really nice. (impresses the ladies too :D )
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/mail_cory_here" TARGET=_blank>Codenes Car</A>
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

AudioControl Epic-150 is going in there sometime this summer
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
neverenuff
Supporting Member

Post by neverenuff »

hey guy's well i have the alpine cva 1000 in the top slot and the alpin era g320 digital eq & prosseser in the bottom slot. playstation 2 under my drivers seat and power converter under my pass.seat.looks sweet !!!!!
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NEVER ENUFF CUSTOMS:<BR><STRONG>hey guy's well i have the alpine cva 1000 in the top slot and the alpin era g320 digital eq & prosseser in the bottom slot. playstation 2 under my drivers seat and power converter under my pass.seat.looks sweet !!!!!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>pics?
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”