sound stage and seperation of frequencies

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

Re: sound stage and seperation of frequencies

Post by -=deathtrap-mx3=- »

well, you could get the new 4-way 6x9s i think pioneer sells. that'll solve any probs with possible sound quality in the rear not being clean. componets are the way to go in the front. from what u listed, i don't think that sound quality will be a prob in ur mx3.<P>------------------<BR>93 MX-3
Looking for a 94+GS for KL-ZE fun :)
02 Protege DX Retired
93 MX-3 RS Gone But Not Forgotten
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

The sound stage concept is to set your system to sound like you are at a concert hall. The sound shouldn't be coming from behind you....but there is still reverb from behind. The best way to go is for a component in the front. 2 or 3 way speakers in the back (most of your sound will still come from in front) and a sub in back. That config of the amps, crossovers, and EQ is good, except for the crossover between your amp and speakers. You want to split the sound before it is amplified for better quality. That is what I did to mine and it sounds nice as hell.<BR>~Ryan~
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

also I would run 1 4-channel amp instead of 2 2-channel amps, that way you get better distribution of power. One's not over-powering the other.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”