Headlights

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
jojo2k23

Headlights

Post by jojo2k23 »

How do i remove my headlight so i can clean the inside of my headlight cover?The ez way plz.
shawnm

Re: Headlights

Post by shawnm »

Yes, i also would like to know, and what liquid to use,<BR>and is this black thing inside the headlights necessary, or i can screw this off, its where the bulb is inserted<P>thx<P>------------------<BR>shawnm<BR>MX-3 red blaze...POLAND<BR>UIN 21934953<BR>shawnm@wp.pl
shawnm<P>miata 1,6 <BR>UIN 21934953<BR>shawnm@wp.pl
jojo2k23

Post by jojo2k23 »

you use wax to remove it.
Da_Wiggy

Post by Da_Wiggy »

There are three screws. The two visable ones on top and one you can see when you remove the turn signal.<BR>You are going to need to heat it up a lot and be very carful to not crack the housing. I used an exacto and a small flat head. I couldn't find a plastic polish so I just used turtle wax polishing compound. little scratches are still there but the oxidization is all gone the the lights are much clearer.<BR>while I was at it I took out the black metal things and in my opinion it does not illuminate the road much better but it does look much nicer (oncoming traffic) if you have upgraded bulbs.
frogchick

Post by frogchick »

We used polishing compound on mine and it took all of the oxidation off and looked great for about six months. Then it began to do the same thing. I am now thinking to switching to the MX-5 light housings.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”