Trunk Amp/Sub layouts

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Deano96GS

Trunk Amp/Sub layouts

Post by Deano96GS »

Hey everyone, i was just curious, i am looking to make a nice setup of my amp and sub / sub box in my trunk, but i need a few suggestions, or even pix of what ppl have done. Any nice custom setups? like amp on the back of the seats, or just a general nice setup to look presentable and clean , when showing it off<BR>thanks Everyone<BR><P>------------------<BR>Deano, 1996 Black GS
Deano, 1996 Black GS<BR>http://members.shaw.ca/mx-three
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

Re: Trunk Amp/Sub layouts

Post by -=deathtrap-mx3=- »

i'm making a box with my friend as soon as i get the money. i'll post some pics of my sketches.<P>------------------<BR>93 MX-3
Looking for a 94+GS for KL-ZE fun :)
02 Protege DX Retired
93 MX-3 RS Gone But Not Forgotten
KWK MX3

Post by KWK MX3 »

a nice setup is when you do this:<BR>1-15"(or 2-12"s) in the trunk flat against rear seat. cabinet angle is parallel to seat.<BR>now on top:<BR>make the box height as high as the back seat<BR>so that the original trunk cover will close(security, unless you like having a brick thrown through your nice rear window)<BR>the top you can mount 2-10"s with the amp between them.<BR>I've fit up to a 1200w like this.<BR>the cabinet only needs to be half the length of the trunk.
KWK MX3
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

every sub requires a different amount of airspace in the enclosure. build the enclosure to the specific dimensions the company gives you.<P>------------------<BR>93 MX-3
02 Protege DX Retired
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

I am building a fiberglass enclosure putting 2 12" Rubicon subs facing upward tilted about 10 degrees inward and forward. Then directly in the middle of the trunk, I am puttin my amp under a .5" plexi-glass display with neon light accents.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

i want pics, man! have you worked with f/g before?<P>------------------<BR>93 MX-3
02 Protege DX Retired
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

My dad and I own an auto body shop and we do alot of work with fiberglass. I will post pictures on here when I get the enclosure dome, but it will be a while because I don't have the time or money to do it right now. But rest assured I will have them posted as soon as they are in and painted.....maybe I will take pictures periodically while I am doing it as well.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”