*sigh* Girlfriends....

Off-Topic Discussions
mykel78

Re: *sigh* Girlfriends....

Post by mykel78 »

Yeah, I have been there too.
Best of luck, and at the least - take some time out before you decide. Take a road trip, something to clear your mind. She may have learned her lesson, maybe she didn't. But make her wait, and remember, do be honest with her. Brutally honest, if need be. You may turn the other cheek, but once.
When my girl left a long time ago, I had my mx3 and it's still here...
oh, on the DO NOT FORGIVE note: who would hurt if you don't forgive her? surely not her. Forgive, but do not forget.

Once again, best of luck...
If not broke - don't fix, modify. If broke - fix it right, and make it better.
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

just look at it this way to ifyou do get back together with her, its almost like its saying its ok to do it again, like when your dog ****s on the floor you dont pet him afterwards, am i right? and if you do get back with her and if you get into an argument that will be one of the first things that comes up.
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
IKillForPie

Post by IKillForPie »

I have to agree with one of the posts above, this is what you gotta do. Grab 3 of your best buds, a camera, and go on a road trip to any one place you've wanted to go. Just get that **** off your mind and clear your head.

*imo... don't take her back, with that sort of long term relationship meaning absolutly nothing to her you should have no reason to take her back. As you said, just let her realize what she had and lost.
Haggard

Post by Haggard »

When girls have a fling while in a relationship with a guy.. it's not cheating.. it's overlap!!!
Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, therefore... I am perfect.
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Franko, its time to get a new girl. Dont go back with her. I never been in a long time relationship like some of you guys but I bet letting go of someone after being with them for 3 years is hard. I know it wont feel the same but hey, life comes at you with un-expected crap.
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

Here is another thing to consider, if you were to take her back, deep down inside don't you already feel and know that it would only be a short term kind of thing if you took her back?

Ask yourself:

Can you honestly see yourself with this girl still 5 years from now?

This is a question you should answer with your gut and not ponder about it for a long time. If you are kind of iffy about it then the truth is the relationship will likely never work properly even if you get back together with her.

Post by Guest »

[removed this post because hes a moron.]

<small>[ October 19, 2004, 09:23 AM: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]</small>
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

:confused2:
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Don't worry Franko he's just a ****head. :shrug: Why isn't there a thumbs down sign?
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

Originally posted by Andrew_Pakula:
Here is another thing to consider, if you were to take her back, deep down inside don't you already feel and know that it would only be a short term kind of thing if you took her back?

Ask yourself:

Can you honestly see yourself with this girl still 5 years from now?

This is a question you should answer with your gut and not ponder about it for a long time. If you are kind of iffy about it then the truth is the relationship will likely never work properly even if you get back together with her.
ya i understand how hard it is to let someone go when you been in long term relationship(( was 4+ years) then I was about to move there to be with her and seemed like life was too perfect you know. Well its not then she tells me shes been with other guy and supposedly we weren't "together" (she says she wasnt my gf at the time) and she's been with this other guy, then doesnt tell me anything but tells me that she has had emotional problems and not sure if she wants to be with me, Im like ok...but doesnt mean I dont love her, so Im back with her then she admits it. I was shocked for weeks, still am, wasnt too long ago...how someone could do that to me, someone I trusted more than my mother. And to think I was moving there to be with her. And then she tells me its my fault too. :dunno: Well I guess my mom was right, she's not for me. You know guys, when you get gf take her to family dinner and see how your mom likes her and how she likes your mom. Usually moms sense if shes good for you (as in being good wife, etc) That's just my advice though, but its proven many times.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
MikeUK
Forum Moderator

Post by MikeUK »

Franko,
I know exactley how you feel, and Im betting theres a load of other guys on here who have had the same happen to them.

I was dating a girl for 3 years also, I ended up seeing her more than I saw my own friends. Every thing I did I did it for her. Was I under the thumb 'no' I thought I was in love, in which case your willing to do almost anything for them. Then all of a sudden she started acting different, with me. I started to catch her out and she was lieing to me about allsorts of petty crap that theres no need to lie about. one day I go to her house and she isnt there, I phone her, No answer. I phone her best friend, who tells me shes not seen her for quite some time, and thought we were just spending more time together. Moment of madness, I go to this pub that my gf took me to a few days before. To find her sat down with this guy who has his arm round her. She sees me and starts to cry, he looks confused she begs me not to hit the guy. What!! I wasnt going to hit him shes the one whos pissed me off. At this point I find myself stood in front of this guy and her with about five of his mates behind me. I shake his hand and carmly tell him shes a cheat Im her boyfriend, shes all yours. With that I walk out, I walk out side get into my car, drive for about five minutes, pull over, and cry for about 2hrs.
Two weeks later Im in a club with a few mates, I see this guy, he comes over to me and says, after I left them that day she broke down into tears and tryed to phone me, she confessed that she had been going out with me for 3 years and that our relationship was good, and she didnt relise how much she loved me until she saw me standing there that day. They broke up that night. The guy buys me and the lads a few rounds and appologises.

She tryed to contact me for about 2 years after that day, I never spoke to her or replyed to her txts. Lukily I dont live near her so I know Ill probably never see her again.

Hurts more when you love and trust them.

I didnt go out with anyone for a long time, And I will never ever think of going out with another girl unless I realy think I can trust them.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

thats right thing to do mikeuk, you have to make them realize how much they lost, and probably next guy theyre with they wont cheat on from experience.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
mx_girl

Post by mx_girl »

Karma is a B*tch..and she will get hers..this actually just happend to me like 4 days ago..after 4 years my girl says to me..she wants to try new things..i know most of you are saying well hey at least she didnt cheat on you..but 2 weeks ago..some dude was messaging her phone saying he loves her and misses her and she responded back with the same thing!..so of course i talked to her about it..and the result was she broke up with me..kinda sucks cuz we live together..we have diff work scheduels and what not but its still weird..but yeah Karma works both ways and it wont fail..and i also know most of you guys are like wait your name is "erin" and you were with a girl..yes i was with a chick..im 21 and ive been with her since i was 17..hardest relationship EVER but thats what makes good people..bad things happen to them so that they dont do bad things to others
J-Bird

Post by J-Bird »

Well if you don't mind, i'd like to give the female perspective on this subject....(mind you, a female who is in an MX car club, so....)

I've been cheated on too. More than once, but the one that sticks out was about 5 years ago, I had just moved from my little small town to "big city" Calgary. I stayed with a cousin of mine, and knew basically no one in Calgary. My boyfriend was my only connection to something familiar. He had a pager too, so one week I tried paging him (he worked on the rigs too, but would always call back even if he was out of town). I paged him for a week straight from my cousins house (he knew the number) and never got a call back. I was really distraught & ddidn't know why he wasn't returning my call. I thought something bad had happened to him, and was starting to get frantic. At the end of that weekend (after paging him for a week) I had to drive back to my homoetown to go to the dentist, and on the way home from that I stopped to get gas in Carstairs (Gas is always 2 cents cheaper in Carstairs) and as I finished filling up, I saw his truck in the gas station parking lot. I walked into the station & saw him standing towards the back of the store. A friend of his was working there. So I walked up to him (as he tried to avoid looking at me) and asked him what the hell was up since I hadn't heard from him, and he asked me if i'd heard. "Heard what?" was my response, ans he proceeded to tell me that we were broken up cause he had cheated on me. He figured I would've heard about it from friends, but I told him how the f**K would I know, I live in a different city now & no one has my number!! Not only that but he basically had broken up with me without actually talking to me!! He just started telling people we were broken up!! I cried all the way back to Calgary, got lost trying to get back to my cousins house, and when I finally did, I spent the whole next day (instead of working) sitting at a coffee shop drinking coffee & smoking cigarettes, feeling incredibly lonely & sorry for myself. It really sucked. I have cheated once in my life, it was even years before that occurence, but coincidentaly, when I cheated on a past boyfriend, the girl that got so mad at me that she tried to tell my boyfriend that I had cheated before I could get to him to tell him myself, ended up being the girl my boyfriend cheated on me with. Crazy hey?? Stupid B*tch.

So what i'm trying to say is, the stigma of "Once a cheater, always a cheater" is not neccessarily true. I cheated when I was 15 years old, and was cheated on when I was 18. Now i'm 23 and I can confidentaly say that I would never cheat on another guy. It hurts too much to be on the receiving end, and i'll tell you, i've been cheated on more than once. Even the guy I cheated on when I was 15, cheated on me twice, (and believe it or not, i'm actually a hottie!).

Granted, some women are dogs!!! I will be the first to say it, there are some that give the rest of us a bad rep. And those seem to never shape up!! but man, even though you're looking at womankind right now as barely a step up from a worm, believe me, we're not all like that, and things will get better. I was single for 4 years after the last time I was cheated on, I just couldn't commit to anything after that, but now i'm in a great relationship with a great guy, I would never think of cheating on him & I know he would never cheat on me either.

Its out there man, just don't be in a hurry to find it, take it day by day & firts of all, live for you, not for someone else, and sooner or later, the girl for you will come your way.

Too sappy for a male based bulletin board?? I hope not.

Oh yeah, and if all else fails, yes, please do get in your car & RIP IT UP!!!
:driver: h
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

nicely put and its nice to have a female point of view
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy

Return to “Off-Topic”