Has anyone heard of a toyota levin?

Off-Topic Discussions
Franko
Supporting Member

Has anyone heard of a toyota levin?

Post by Franko »

I have a friend who swapped out the engine in his early 90's corolla and put in a supercharged toyota levin engine.
He claims that the engine makes 185 hp and 202 ft/lb torque.. I am inclined not to believe this. I looked up all the specs I could find on it and all I could see is that the only toyota levin engine that is supercharged is a 1.6l making 170 hp and 145 ft/lbs torque.. I had to convert the torque from newtons to ft/lbs.. before it was 202nm or something. Anyway, I think he is full of crap.. someone said that they would go get a gtech pro and measure his quarter mile time but he didnt want to do it, he just kinda changed the subject. I will not accept going to the track and getting bet by a 4 door corolla. If his numbers are what he says they are it looks like I am going to 14 psi next year. :p
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
ProtegeSTS

Re: Has anyone heard of a toyota levin?

Post by ProtegeSTS »

he's wrong.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

Heh, I got a friend kinda like that, and he drives a corolla too. He doesn't lie about his corolla, but his 240SX instead (he doesn't even have one yet). Says he's gonna drop a domestic small block in that little Nissan. Full o' crap. I told him to look into the GTR engine, but he's like, "Nah, I've been thinking about the Skyline engine you were talking about...if I don't go with the Chevy engine instead."
wtf?? :confused2: I tried so hard not to laugh in his face :laugh:
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

does he have super charger on it? if he does thats how much hp/tq id produces, also called toyota "hochiroku" (sp) great drifting car
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Tyler17rose

Post by Tyler17rose »

He is going to walk you. Those corollas weigh nothing and are RWD. Even with the 178hp and 148ft/lbs of torque he will be quick. Goodluck and let us know how the race turns out.
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Hes only got the fwd though... I am gonna get him to weigh his car and see what comes up.. It will be intresting..
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
mykel78

Post by mykel78 »

early 90's corolla are FWD. 88 was the last year of the RWD corolla, I think. The levin is like the sohc to the trueno dohc, ae85 and ae86, respectively. The ae86 is the toyota trueno, in america it was a corolla GTX. Yes that engine has punch, but not what he's saying. Whoop him down any chance you get!
If not broke - don't fix, modify. If broke - fix it right, and make it better.
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

a lil confusion here, early corolla levins (pre 87) were RWD, since then levin/truenos have all been FWD, i don't know what the difference between a levin and a trueno is, but early 90's MR2's and Levin/Truenos came with the 4AGZE supercharged engine, which is a bolt on replacement for standard 4AGE-engined Corollas, hopefully this helps, i'm certainly no expert on corollas though!
185bhp sounds a lil high though, maybe 170-175
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

A friend of mine got a 85 (I think) and it has about 190bhp.
Oh, and Levin/Trueno is the car that Takumi runs in Initial D.

I`ll find some clips of it :)

http://www.fsr.no/fsr/video/drifting_2003_300.wmv
http://www.kamikazedrifters.com/video/kamikaze.wmv
http://home.no.net/tophits/drift_day.wmv
http://www.evo.no/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=getit&lid=7

Check out every clip, especially the last one.
He won the european drifting championshio a couple of weeks ago.

nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::

Return to “Off-Topic”