OBD2 BP in 92 RS Questions

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
tanukiattack
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

OBD2 BP in 92 RS Questions

Post by tanukiattack »

Hey everyone, I have been abusing the search function for the last few days and still have not been able to come up with a solid answer to some questions I have. So I thought I would post up and see if anyone can shine some light on this for me. I have a 92 RS, engine is taking a crap on me so I am of course looking to do a BP swap. Unfortunately I have not been able to locate a nice OBD1 BP online (at reasonable price) or at the local yards (at all). I found that the Kia Sephia BPs are much better on my wallet but every one that I have found is OBD2... Now I know the engine swap itself it real straight forward, but how is it to convert an OBD2 BP to OBD1? Or what is required to Convert my OBD1 car over to OBD2 so that a newer BP(95-97) will work? Is it just a matter of robbing the engine harness/ecu from an OBD2 vehicle? Any advice on this matter is greatly appreciated!
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: OBD2 BP in 92 RS Questions

Post by Daninski »

Basically there's no OBD1 or OBD2 'engines'. It all depends how you configure the motor. I used a motor from a OBD1 MX-3 and I installed it in my OBD2 MX-3. I did ignore the 2 O2 sensor monitors and the engine ran fine in cloosed loop. I advise you go to the MX-3 facebook page and post up there.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”