[FS] 2005 Mazda 3 RARE SP23 Manual Sedan - LOOK!! $6,600

Off-Topic Discussions
ganue
Supporting Member

[FS] 2005 Mazda 3 RARE SP23 Manual Sedan - LOOK!! $6,600

Post by ganue »

Up for sale is a rare Mazda 3 sold in the US. Sort of parallels my GS-SE but 12 years younger. The SP23 was a limited run of 3659 upgraded Mazda 3 S 2.3L cars of which there were 2561 Sedans made, and 1151 Manual Sedans of which this was # 164.

The SP23 was the first Mazda 3 to get auto headlamps, auto wipers, "polished" aluminum wheels, and the Bose stereo. This one also has HIDs, TPMS, a sunroof, and heated leather seats - these are a really rare brown leather (black was offered allegedly because not many liked the brown seats - I like the brown seats)

Anyway, this car has 93,000+ miles on it, is in really excellent shape. I'm selling this OR my MX-3 GS-SE found elsewhere in the forum (look in the background you can see it!!). I'll keep the one that doesn't sell.

Everything functions as it should and the body is in really great shape. The car started life in Texas, moved to Pennsylvania and recently moved to Michigan. While it has a clean title, we picked it up at auction as the car was an insurance loss due to the previous owner driving over something large enough to shatter the oil pan and break the passenger side and pitch mounts. No body damage so she (assuming a she based on the presence of a Susan Boyle CD which is included in the sale FREE) hit whatever she hit pretty square. We put it all back together with real Mazda parts, got it running, put new front brakes with ceramic pads on, and I just got back from an 800+ mile drive to Lexington, KY and back with no issues. The car is fully detailed inside and out and needs nothing. Note: I am watching the low pressure AC line as it took a hard hit but the AC is still blowing cold 5 days after I charged it.

The only other issues are cosmetic as seen in the photos, most notably the "polish" peeling off of the RR wheel. Nothing functional there.

Ask questions - all pictures including the few below can be found here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/33771555@ ... 865292905/

Best to call or text me at two four eight - eight five four - four nine seven four.
1993 GS SE - "slow" (Stock) - SOLD
1993 GS SE - "fast" (Curved neck KLZE, OBX headers, custom 2.5" exhaust, KL36 ECU, Exedy Probe GT clutch, KL36 LSD - the real one, Lantis Type R lefthand halfshaft - unfortunately worth mentioning)- SOLD

1993 GS SE - acquired 4/28/2013, SOLD February 28, 2015

1985 RX-7 GSL-SE - SOLD
2003 VW GTI 1.8T
2009 Mazda5 Grand Touring

Return to “Off-Topic”