How do I replace power window switches with 2-5 pin switches

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Silver
antispam: No

How do I replace power window switches with 2-5 pin switches

Post by Silver »

Hello:

I am new here and should have joined a long time ago. I have a '95 mx-3 and have replaced the entire power window switch mechanism 3 times. Very frustrating and very expensive. I thought possibly I could buy 2 - 5 pin rocker switches to replace them both. I was in a situation where the driver's side window stuck half-way up and I had to take the panel off (again) and was able to find the two wires that would make the window go up. Now I'm driving with both windows up because there is no choice. The passenger side decided to stop working also. If I bought the 2 - 5 pin switches could someone tell me which wires go where? I will figure out how and where to place them but I just want to bypass the whole thing if I can. This has been one of the best cars I have ever owned. It has 115,000 miles on it and I'm sure it will go another hundred thousand. It has been my experience that this is the only defect in the entire car.

Any help is greatly appreciated. :-D

Thank you,

Silver
Nd4SpdSe

Re: How do I replace power window switches with 2-5 pin swit

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Any double-pole, double-throw switch will do.

1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Silver

Post by Silver »

Nd4SpdSe:

Thank you for the advice but I wouldn't know a double-pole, double-throw switch if I saw one. I was just hoping someone could tell me which wires to solder to which pin. All I can tell you is that it is a rocker switch 12v DC and it has 5 pins on it. I wanted to replace both of the switches with these. I am sure I won't have a problem again if I could figure this out. I was able to get the window up by applying 12v to the RED/BLUE wire and RED/GREEN wire. If I knew how to upload an image, I would place it on here. But I can send the URL so you can see it. The switches are on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/281211516744?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

Again, thanks in advance for your help!!

Silver
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

This is a very good post and may be of help to you. http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=66265
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Silver

Post by Silver »

Thank you:

I did look at this prior to posting but, unfortunately, I am not very good at figuring which wire goes where. If anyone knows which wire to place where, that would help a novice like me.

Thanks again,

Silver

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”