[WTB] Shifter bolt !!!!!!!! ASAP!!! Please close...

Looking for an Item you'd like to buy? Post here.
This section is NOT for selling.
DueceMcCracken
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

[WTB] Shifter bolt !!!!!!!! ASAP!!! Please close...

Post by DueceMcCracken »

So my shifter bolt fell out of my B&M while driving today, thankfully the Corksport bushings stayed in, but now i need a whole new bolt and nut for my manual trans RS 1.6. Its rigged right now, but I need the real bolt ASAP, I have paypal. Please help me....

Bolt is on its way, close thread please...
Last edited by DueceMcCracken on April 30th, 2014, 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Re: {WTB} Shifter bolt !!!!!!!! ASAP!!!

Post by SuperK »

go to the dealership, guy. RUN!
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
DueceMcCracken

Post by DueceMcCracken »

Yeah, thats what im going to swing tomorrow. Compare ford and mazdas prices, lol. Im just not sure if theres an immediate availability, just thought id cover my bases.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

you probably will need to call them and order them. Usually they can have it in a couple days is what I've found.

However for a temporary fix, head to a hardware store and just pick up any bolt that will slide through and get a matching nut. It isn't ideal but it will work and will cost you maybe... two dollars. Ace is the Place if you're in the USA. Otherwise any of your local hardware stores will also have a selection of nuts and bolts. It doesn't even matter if it's standard instead of metric, and if it is full threads. as long as it just holds it in there till you get the proper bolt.

even auto parts store has a more expensive and limited selection of automotive bolts and nuts. You can find one there instead if that's more convenient.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
DueceMcCracken

Post by DueceMcCracken »

I have a 2" all threaded 1/4-20 in there right now, with 6 fender washers to pad it out in the right spots and a nut of course. I pulled the Corksport bushings so I dont wreck them with the slop and the threads. Its working fine for now. I called the stealership today, and they should have the bolt and nut for me friday morning for 6-ish bucks. Im totally going red locktite on that bad boy this time around.

Thank you for the replies, I guess i will not be needing a used one at this moment.

Return to “MX-3 Related Want to Buy Forum”