Connectors near the ECU - 92 GS

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Connectors near the ECU - 92 GS

Post by MrMazda92 »

Well, the car has been torn apart for so long now, I've spaced whether or not these were even in use when I last drove her. :shrug:

Any thoughts on what these 3 connect to? I've felt/looked around the area, and nothing appeared to be disconnected.
Bit of a noob moment, here! :lol:

Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
[LVPA]93GsSe
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Connectors near the ECU - 92 GS

Post by [LVPA]93GsSe »

I might be wrong but that bottom left plug looks like the plug for the fuel pump.
Knowing you've spent too much on your car,
yet, you still want to keep modding. -priceless
^
|
boosted_bullet

93 Honda Accord LX - Wrecked
95 Honda Del Sol Si - Stolen
92 Honda Accord EX - Parted out
2000 Toyota Celica GTS - Cracked block and broken differential teeth
93 SE - ATX to MTX, work as always in progress
01 Toyota Celica GTS - DD

Worklog to be up soon, still... ...
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Thank you for your reply!

I had the fuel pump relay connected already, that's why I'm confused... I don't remember there being 3 unused plugs.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Savin

Post by Savin »

The one (or maybe two?) almost looks like a radio harness plug. I can't remember what ours looks like on these cars anymore... Its been too long, lol.
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Honestly, I don't remember messing with the head unit when I pulled the harness from the car. I pulled the harness out through the firewall when I pulled the engine, and it's entirely possible these weren't connected to anything in the first place... :S
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

They look like plugs, that should connect to the body harness.. See if your gauge cluster works and reads properly..

The 4 pin one looks its for the fuel pump relay... what could wires are on it?? I taking a guess that it will be a dark blue, dark blue with white tracer and a couple other wires.. See if your blower motor works..
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Unfortunately I don't have a battery at the moment, and I still need a few more things before I can fire it up, also...

The fuel pump relay is connected, that one was straight forward. I literally can't find anything I plug these remaining connectors into, which is the source of my confusion :(

This, and an issue with coolant routing in the engine bay are holding me back.
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
ganue
Supporting Member

Post by ganue »

It looks lke these connections are all in-line connections that connect the engine harness to the IP harness. Get a wiring diagram.

This is what I see:

1) X-03 in the diagram - This appears to be a 20 pin connector (some slots may be unused). It looks like the big black connector goes between the Engine Controller and the Auto Trans control module - if equipped.
2) X-04 - This appears to be a 10 pin connector that is in line to the ECU from the vehicle. It holds all the little signals that tell the ECU to raise idle speed if any of the inputs are "true" (cooling fan, headlights, A/C, blower, etc)
3) X-05 - looks like a 4 pin in line connector that sends rear defrost status to the ECU, again - to boost idle speed when the defrost is on.
1993 GS SE - "slow" (Stock) - SOLD
1993 GS SE - "fast" (Curved neck KLZE, OBX headers, custom 2.5" exhaust, KL36 ECU, Exedy Probe GT clutch, KL36 LSD - the real one, Lantis Type R lefthand halfshaft - unfortunately worth mentioning)- SOLD

1993 GS SE - acquired 4/28/2013, SOLD February 28, 2015

1985 RX-7 GSL-SE - SOLD
2003 VW GTI 1.8T
2009 Mazda5 Grand Touring
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Here is a better image of the connectors in question...
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I'd go out and have a look but my car is covered and stored for the winter, sorry man. Wait till spring and I'll look into that first thing. :wink:
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I think ganue is right on the money with the black connector being for auto trans equipped cars.

The other two are still a mystery to me, though. Chances are they were not in use before I took everything apart, so I'll just carry on as usual for now. If something doesn't work, I have a starting point! :lol:
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”