vacuum leak?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mazdaspeed23
antispam: No

vacuum leak?

Post by mazdaspeed23 »

Hey guys,

I have a ZE 94 mx3, I hear what I think is a vacuum leak coming from under the intake just behind the TB but under the intake enough you cant see anything, you can hear like air whistling but cant seem to find out where the exact location is. And the engine surges as well the idle will go up then down, not a lot but enough that you can hear it.

anyone have ideas where this could be
Own
1994 MX-3 GS swapped ZE
1994 MX-3 GS Swapped ZE (Gone)
1996 Dodge Dakota Sport v8 Magnum
2007 Ford Fusion SE

WORK LOG: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=81232

My MX-3 is nothing without me, and i am nothing without my MX-3
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: vacuum leak?

Post by Daninski »

Well the obvious. That one big honkin 45deg vac hose for starters. Its about 1" by 1" long and about 1" in dia.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
stereoking15

Post by stereoking15 »

Also spray some starting fluid around the area you think the leak is and if the idle surges higher in rpm you found the area of the leak.
94 gs ze swapped,front mount oil cooler,b&g springs, kyb gr2 struts, vris deleted, gutted, racing 4 point harness. centerforce dual friction clutch, BREMBO ROTORS X4, CARBOTECH XP10 front pads, ebc green stuff rear PADS, corksport brake lines & clutch line, hei mod w/ msd blaster 3, MAZDASPEED motor mounts, B&M short shifter, M-FACTORY LSD, Carbon fiber hatch with lexan window.
mazdaspeed23

Post by mazdaspeed23 »

I have sprayed and no difference, it might be not getting down to where the leak is coming from. and Dan, its not that hose brother already checked that one, this hose that the sound is coming from is the one that seems to be connected to the TB just behind the throttle cable, then goes under the Intake goes half way by the firewall then connects into a steel pipe
Own
1994 MX-3 GS swapped ZE
2007 Ford Fusion SE

stereoking15

Post by stereoking15 »

That one connects to the valve cover in the back under the intake I'm pretty sure. Maybe it partially collapsed or something?
94 gs ze swapped,front mount oil cooler,b&g springs, kyb gr2 struts, vris deleted, gutted, racing 4 point harness. centerforce dual friction clutch, BREMBO ROTORS X4, CARBOTECH XP10 front pads, ebc green stuff rear PADS, corksport brake lines & clutch line, hei mod w/ msd blaster 3, MAZDASPEED motor mounts, B&M short shifter, M-FACTORY LSD, Carbon fiber hatch with lexan window.
mazdaspeed23

Post by mazdaspeed23 »

that sounds pretty damn close to where its coming from, so I'm guessing from where it's located I will have to remove the intake?
Own
1994 MX-3 GS swapped ZE
2007 Ford Fusion SE

stereoking15

Post by stereoking15 »

Easiest access is removing the intake, but may be able to sneak behind but there is just so much stuff back there that the intake is easiest.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”