[GI] 1994 MX-3 RS with Tired Engine

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
Cynic94rs

[GI] 1994 MX-3 RS with Tired Engine

Post by Cynic94rs »

I'm writing to see if anyone is interested in my Silverstone Metallic 1994 MX-3 RS. It has about 209,000 miles. I'm listing it here because I bought a new car and am hoping an enthusiast will help save the MX-3 from the dismantler. I'd like to get $800 for her. Pics are at the bottom of this post.

The car is in north Los Angeles, but I'd prefer to sell to an out of state buyer so as to avoid CA smog regulations. I'm pretty sure the car won't pass its next inspection because it burns a lot of oil.

Most of the MX-3's I see in my area are ragged out. While this car is nearly 20 years old and is in need of an engine rebuild or replacement, this is still among the better-looking ones I've seen on the market.

The good:

Interior is in good condition, dash has no cracks. Has a double-decker console lid, chrome door pulls, chrome vent rings, a Sony Head unit with Kenwood and Kicker speakers and USB input, custom black headliner, and custom vinyl-wrapped visors with Homelink module sewn in. Gauge panel and shifter surround are painted silver.

Outside, the car has black altezza tail lights, a custom 2.25" mandrel bent catback exhaust (low and loud) with Magnaflow resonator and stainless steel muffler. Also a drop in K&N filter panel.

Sunroof works and AC runs cold.

Always a California car. No rust that I know of.

Newish tires.

It may be old but it still looks nice.

The bad:

The car burns oil (about 1 qt. per 800 miles :shock: ) so it needs engine work. It's driveable -- I put 250 miles on it every week -- but the engine shakes at idle, and there's a slow coolant leak somewhere under the hood. Though I haven't tested it, I doubt it will pass smog, and therefore it would make a perfect BP or turbo + 5 spd. swap project.

The car has an automatic transmission with a leak at the front seal. It loses a considerable amount of fluid -- maybe 3 tablespoons parked overnight. It's not enough to make the car undriveable, but it's enough to ruin your driveway. Another good reason to pull the engine!

Without work the car WON'T pass a CA smog inspection (high HC as a result of oil burning). You could probably get it to pass if you install a new cat... that's worked in the past... but this has gotten harder and more expensive to do legally here thanks to CARB.

Seats show typical fading and wear. Stock floor mats are present but drivers mat is badly worn. Cargo cover has splits in all the usual places and is in need of serious repair. Both rear B-pillar trims are missing (vinyl recovery project gone bad).

Sides have typical parking lot dings. Rear bumper cover has 2" crack below passengers side tail light. Larger ding on driver's side quarter panel. Deep scratch in same place on passenger side. Numerous gravel chips on hood.

At one point the previous owner had a low speed accident that shows in CarFax. The repair was done well but if you look at the respray job at certain angles you can a slight color mismatch. This is visible in one of the photos. There's also a little overspray on the grille.

That's about it. Oh... the steering rack clicks when you turn while not in motion.

-----

My asking price is negotiable to some extent provided you're a member of this site and can pick it up and drive it away.

The car is being sold AS IS. I can't and won't spend anything to make it smog-compliant, so you have to either not care about that or live in a place where it doesn't matter.

Bear in mind, since its a gross polluter the state will pay me $1000 to surrender the car to a local dismantler... I could use the money but I'm willing to give up a little coin to get the car into the hands of a MX-3 enthusiast.

Thanks for looking. PM if you're interested!

-----

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image
Cynic94rs

Re: [GI] 1994 MX-3 RS with Tired Engine

Post by Cynic94rs »

This vehicle is still available, and to keep this from the scrap yard I'm willing to be flexible on price.

Note: Double-decker console lid is now a single-decker console lid... :)

Any takers at $600? If you're even the least bit interested, PM me. Let's talk.
AaronTietje
antispam: No

Post by AaronTietje »

Wow that car is clean..... Any of us in the North East would pick it up in a heart beat.
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by RobMinhas »

Kulluminati does want another mx3 and he's not too far...
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
AaronTietje
antispam: No

Post by AaronTietje »

x2 Kullumination you should get this. Silver and carbon look sick.
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”