SPEC-D headlights...

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
MadMaX3
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

SPEC-D headlights...

Post by MadMaX3 »

Has anybody ever bought these? I just want to know if the lights that come with them are orange like they look in the picture.. I'm not wanting orange lights.. http://www.carid.com/1992-mazda-mx3-hea ... 1790260510
'93 SE - "Mad MaX"
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=80954
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: SPEC-D headlights...

Post by Daninski »

There are better ones than those. http://www.protuninglab.com/hid-pro-yd- ... hl-bk.html you can probably find them cheaper than that price for sure. We did a group buy on them and every one was happy with the product.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

You can find those on ebay for cheaper and no they're not orange, just the way the picture is.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
MadMaX3

Post by MadMaX3 »

I'm leaning more towards getting the Spyder brand. I just like the lights more on the side than in the middle.
'93 SE - "Mad MaX"
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

The "circles" that light up have little LED bulbs in there that make it that colour, mine have blue sleeves over them, they look pretty ballin if I do say so myself.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

I used them, wouldnt recommend them. They are not DOT approved, in other words, the light pattern is bogus and you can aim a pair of flashlights better. Get the ones with the leds in the middle that are or buy EDM glass lamps like I did if you have any intention of driving your car at night.
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
MadMaX3

Post by MadMaX3 »

'93 SE - "Mad MaX"
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Sleeper6 wrote:I used them, wouldnt recommend them. They are not DOT approved, in other words, the light pattern is bogus and you can aim a pair of flashlights better. Get the ones with the leds in the middle that are or buy EDM glass lamps like I did if you have any intention of driving your car at night.
Light pattern on mine were really good, I used HIDs for my low beams and they were really nice for driving at night on the highway compared to our incredibly shitty factory lights.

Aiming thing wasn't too bad either, maybe I had a revised one?

EDM is superior for everything except looks(IMO) but I'm too afraid of taking a piece of gravel to the light and breaking one of them.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
MadMaX3

Post by MadMaX3 »

Thanks for the feedback everyone! It's greatly appreciated :)
'93 SE - "Mad MaX"
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
MadMaX3

Post by MadMaX3 »

Wow those are cheap!! Thank you!
'93 SE - "Mad MaX"
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Don't forget shipping costs, babe. That bumps them up $38, to roughly what you found them for elsewhere...

They are the Spyder brand, which is typically better reviewed.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
MadMaX3

Post by MadMaX3 »

I'm going to end up paying shipping anyways, aren't I?
'93 SE - "Mad MaX"
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Usually not that much! :P
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
benyandthejets

Post by benyandthejets »

Does anyone have the chrome version? (at work so I can't look at the links, they are blocked) I don't think black would look good with my paint color and I'm worried the chrome might be too flashy.
93 Blaze Red GS

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”