Need a stock air intake

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
usnjenkins
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Need a stock air intake

Post by usnjenkins »

I have a 93 Mazda MX-3 V6 1.8. I have tried to get it smogged several times, but it is noted as a mass polluter. Since then I got a brand new catalytic converter, and that pretty much fixed the problem. but now, I am told that I dont have a "stock" air intake, and its illegal here in california without a CARB sticker.....Does anyone have a stock air intake for this car? Or maybe a CARB sticker I could have? So i could finally get it smogged, and sold? I have 4 vehicles right now, and am moving soon and this was my fun little car to have, but its time to get it sold.. Unless someone on here wants to buy it?
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: Need a stock air intake

Post by Daninski »

Posting in [WTB] is a good start. I'm sure people here have what you need. I have a mint condition accordion section of intake so you would just need the air box then. If someone is closer to you then shipping may be cheaper. If not let me know. $20 plus shipping.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

just the sticker trick wont work. i already tried it lol. Are you in norcal??
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
usnjenkins

Post by usnjenkins »

Damn, ok, we'll I live in Lemoore, about 45 minutes from Fresno. But I will be visiting yuba city in the next couple weeks.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

oh thats to far from capital city. I was wonerding because I was thinking you could borrow mine for smog reasons if you couldnt find one. But check the pick and pulls bro. If you dont find and MX3 use a probe intake. I passed and i didnt have the front piece that mounts to the radiator and holds the hood prob. Mine just sits there. almost any stock box from a car with a similar intake set up should fit. The technician is just looking for something plastic and stock with all hoses connected. They are fooled easily because most have never seen an engine bay form a MX3 so they dont know what does there and what doesnt. :shrug:
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
usnjenkins

Post by usnjenkins »

I checke the pick n pull in Fresno today. No dice. So I'm hoping someone here could help me out!
mx3_ryder
antispam: No

Post by mx3_ryder »

Do you need to have the air box installed with lid to pass?
usnjenkins

Post by usnjenkins »

i need the entire setup. i bought the car with its current setup....ill take a pic and text it to either of you if you want me to so you can see what im talking about.
usnjenkins

Post by usnjenkins »

this is what ive got, and what ive ALWAYS had. i got it smogged the first time I got it, but since then, NO ONE will smog it with this intake system. HELP!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”