Heater barely blowing out of vents

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
mechman600
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Heater barely blowing out of vents

Post by mechman600 »

I am wondering if there is a common solution to a common problem with my heater.

Even with the fan on HIGH, barely any air blows out of the vents.
-All positions work
-No difference whether it is on FRESH or RECIRC
-The fan itself blows like crazy with the fan box to heater box pipe removed
-Fan box to heater box pipe is not plugged
-I can see the HOT/COLD flap moving through the inlet hole to the heater box
-No difference whether it is on HOT or COLD, so the problem isn't likely a plugged heater core

Basically, the blower fan blows a ton of air, but there is a restriction somewhere in the heater box.
I am out of ideas. :shock: Is there some sort of filter [that could be plugged] in the heater box that I am unaware of?

Thanks in advance!
crazycanadian

Re: Heater barely blowing out of vents

Post by crazycanadian »

Window cowl area... good place to have the intake area plugged up... Heater core's them selves get plugged up with dirt over time... door flaps that look like they are moving, but still causing restrictions..
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: Heater barely blowing out of vents

Post by Daninski »

Make sure when you select vent the system is moving all the way to vent not just part of the way..
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”