Swapping a 94 gs wiring harness into a 93 ls mx6 possible?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
jamestakay

Swapping a 94 gs wiring harness into a 93 ls mx6 possible?

Post by jamestakay »

I believe the 94 gs was obd1 but I've also read up that some may have been obd2s, does anyone know if that info is correct? I'm asking because I can't find a 93 mx6 ls wiring harness around my area or even on mx6.com or probetalk right now. I'm wondering if the 94 gs would be pretty close to just plug and play with my 93 ls and also wondering what would be the trouble symptoms if there are any? I know alot of people swap mx6 ecus into mx3s but how many have gone the opposite way with success or none? I know the probes won't work, and I also couldn't find any 626s that were obd1 v6s to pull off the engine wiring harness but I did manage to pull off the 94 mx3. For $17 who could go wrong? Even if it doesn't work, the harness is still in very good shape. Please feel free to chime in with thoughts.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Swapping a 94 gs wiring harness into a 93 ls mx6 possibl

Post by Ryan »

Nay. The harnesses are totally different.

Male/female switched on half the plugs, ECU location further from the rest of the bits than Mx-3, general routing not the same as MX-3... etc etc..

Although BS about the ECU's there. People swap KL ecu's in for KL engines. Probe ones work just the same as MX-6...cause they're identical. No one but a cruel man would put a K8 in a Mx-6/Probe, so no MX3 ones in Probe/Mx6's.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

What exactly are you trying to do? Your Mx-3 OBDII and you want to go OBDI?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
jamestakay

Post by jamestakay »

First off I'm actually trying to find a 93 mx6 ls 5 speed engine harness because the one in my current mx6 that I purchased is chopped up and I just want to start back from a stock harness. The car was running decent when I reswapped a je50 vaf onto it but now she won't start after a brand new disty. The wiring is pretty messed up so starting from scratch would be easier.

I was going to see if this 94 gs mx3 would be able to work with the 93 mx6 ls since they are both obd1 correct? I'm not trying to make my mx6 obd2, if I were I would just swap in a klg4 wiring harness but I don't want to mess with my probinator chipped ecu since it was chipped for obd1.

I'm not sure if you guys are familiar with the probe to mx6 harnesses, but a probetalk member told me that the probe and mx6 will not plug and play because although they share the same engine the harness is still a little bit different. I asked if I could use a 93 gt probe harness and a couple guys told me that I'm going to need to 93 ls harness since the probe harness is different.

Ryan, I would never swap a k8 into my mx6 when I have a klze in it. I don't know why you're thinking I'm trying to swap in a weaker motor when I never stated anything about engine swapping? Thanks for the input anyways guys.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”