Alternator rebuild

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Alternator rebuild

Post by mitmaks »

Anyone know where I can get alternator rebuild kit. I was looking online and couldn't find anything, except for RockAuto. They have bearing and that's it.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: Alternator rebuild

Post by MrMazda92 »

I was looking for this as well... Try looking for a Millenia rebuild kit, and rebuild that. :D

Since I'm using a UDP(hadn't originally planned on it), I'll be buying a Millenia Alty to help offset that change.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
xxxmonoxidechild

Post by xxxmonoxidechild »

Millenia rebuild kit wont work on a MX3 alt though. Since the factory MX3 alt is a Mitsubishi sourced unit. And the Millenia is a Nippon Denso sourced unit.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Why not just swap for the Millenia alt?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Demonic1

Post by Demonic1 »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Why not just swap for the Millenia alt?
Junkyard Millenia alternator, millenia rebuild kit.
Higher amp and probably better reliability.
The mitsu units are garbage. (And one of the next peices I'm swapping out)
Wings on an MX3? What are you thinking?

92 RS BP05
93 GS KLZE
(Previously owned by 2Fazed and then mrMazda92)
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Exactly what I was trying to get at, although my post didn't really say that :lol:

It's on the list of "grab this sh*t" when I make a Pick n Pull run next month. :wink:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Demonic1

Post by Demonic1 »

Let me know if you see a GS lip while you're there :)
I can pick it up on the 11/11 meet
Wings on an MX3? What are you thinking?

92 RS BP05
93 GS KLZE
(Previously owned by 2Fazed and then mrMazda92)
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

DAMN!!

I don't have the money for my KLG4 right now... I need to make this happen this weekend, since I'm already going to save some cash...
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Ugh, any of your Portland guys interested in helping me pull a KLG4 this weekend, and a bunch of other parts? :D

I may need a place to crash for the night too, if pulling the engine takes a while.
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

MrMazda92 wrote:Ugh, any of your Portland guys interested in helping me pull a KLG4 this weekend, and a bunch of other parts? :D

I may need a place to crash for the night too, if pulling the engine takes a while.
Well young fella,,,,I was 55 years old, it's was around 85 out, I was in the sun and pulled a ze from a MX3 in about 2 hours not counting the time it took for the yard to torch off the axles cuz I broke my 3/4 drive power bar trying to finesse the wheel nuts off using a 5ft pipe for leverage. So what the hell, ad an hour and call it 3 hours. Well punk do ya feel lucky, well do ya? :P

Honestly, it's removing the wheel nuts that'll mean success or failure. First thing when you get there is empty a few cans of penatrant. Bring a 'saws all' for the shifter linkage or bribe the yard guy to torch it all off for ya. Much easier. Good luck,,,,punk. :wink:

For the alternator, you can get a rebuild shop to do the whole thing and bump the amperage up as well for under$150.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Bleh, It's not going to happen this weekend. :(

Worst part? I'll have enough for everything by next wednesday. Go figure! :crying:

Dan, the reason I'd need more time(possibly) is that I'll need to go to both Pick n Pull yards in the area, and take my time picking through every single Mazda(and quite a few Honda/Nissan junkers) for aftermarket goodies. I like to take my sweet time doing it, and sometimes I get lucky! ;)
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

OK, so spend the morning and a little of the afternoon shopping then it's knuckle bashing time. Hardest part I alway find is disconnecting the electrical plugs without breaking them. I have a special pair of pliers (my luckey pliers) that I use for this. Remember a backsaw blade for hoses and possibly a clamp to force the bolts out of the shifter linkage right. :wink: Good luck.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

MrMazda92 wrote:
Dan, the reason I'd need more time(possibly) is that I'll need to go to both Pick n Pull yards in the area, and take my time picking through every single Mazda(and quite a few Honda/Nissan junkers) for aftermarket goodies. I like to take my sweet time doing it, and sometimes I get lucky! ;)
I always do this too! I went today and since it's so damn cold and snowy it was deserted and there were a lot of unmolested cars that ordinarily would have been stripped. Just one MX3 but there were four F2Ts untouched, a few MR2s, a K series motor in an RSX and a 300zx TT with just the turbos missing. No crank cover for my BP though :(
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

RobMinhas wrote:there were four F2Ts untouched
Wow, I didn't think there were many of them left on the roads...
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Yeah I'd never seen that many before in my life and then I saw four, two in MX6s and two in Ford Probes.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”