Mud Guards/Flaps

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
WestcoastSpeeder
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Mud Guards/Flaps

Post by WestcoastSpeeder »

I only saw this guy put mud flaps to his mx3, and was wondering of anyone else done it to theirs. I dont really want the original one made specifically for the mx3 because i like these kinds better. I think they would look nice on a clean mx3! And am wondering if any of you guys got it and have done it before?!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mitmaks

Re: Mud Guards/Flaps

Post by mitmaks »

There you go ....

On a more serious note, looks like owner was too tight on a budget and cut some truck mudflaps and stuck it on the mx-3. Looks like some hillbilly got a hold of that mx-3
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
WestcoastSpeeder

yea i know he freking put stickers all over the interior/exterior and scraped his cars nickname overs his entire hood, its not clean at all. I just wanna find someone else who did it to a nice clean mx3. But imma probably be the first to do it. Ill let everyone know what it looks like

RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

I always wondered about putting these slight of mud flaps on but the only pictures I've seen haven't been very good, I'll take another look through the rare pictures thread cause I think that's where I saw it.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

I think they're just universal mudflaps that are found on ebay...
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Like I said, not looking that great. paint job might have soemthing to do with it haha
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
WestcoastSpeeder

haha what the heck, thats probably some hippy driving that rainbow!! Dang!!! But thats not the type of flaps i want, it looks like he put truck flap on his car cause they're to long. And im thinking of only putting them on the rear. Cause i dont like how they look in the front.This is how nice and clean they supposed to look! small and clean

MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

There was a candy green MX-3 that was VERY clean with a minty OEM hatch shade that had rubber mudguards... I liked the look, I would have said it was OEM if I didn't know better. I'll find a pic...
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Yeah, no luck finding it... I have an OLD post on here, maybe 2009? That will have the image...
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

:lol: :lol: first supra tail lights now STI rally armor flaps? are you sure you want an MX3 :lol: :lol:
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

kulluminati777 wrote::lol: :lol: first supra tail lights now STI rally armor flaps? are you sure you want an MX3 :lol: :lol:
Says the guy with the Acura RSX rear lip and was messing around with RX7 callipers a little while back hahah :lol:

I kid, I kid, I feel like this is one of those things that could look cool if done properly but if it doesn't flow with the rest of the car it would stick out and look bad.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

:lol: :lol: after i posted i knew someone was going to say that :lol: :lol:
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

This can actually look pretty good... I never was a huge fan of the look of our mudguards, that's why I never put my rears on honestly. :shrug:
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

It wouldn't look good on a clean mx-3, cause mudflaps are a rally thing. Unless you got an Mx-3 setup for rally (as the rainbow one was an actually a rally Mx-3.

They would do more being on the front than the rear because the Mx-3 is FWD. My winter tires with my ZE basically sandblasted my rockers in the winter with the sand and salt on the ground..
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Cork sport now sells polly mudflaps for the 3. I plan on using rallyart flaps on the AWD car shhhh its a secret

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”