[WTB] BETTER SEATS

Looking for an Item you'd like to buy? Post here.
This section is NOT for selling.
mx3matt
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

[WTB] BETTER SEATS

Post by mx3matt »

looking for the 1 piece 92-93 seats.

or anything decent that i can bolt in to my car, i'm just ready to have my seats back in.
RobMinhas

Re: BETTER SEATS

Post by RobMinhas »

mx3matt wrote:looking for the 1 piece 92-93 seats.

or anything decent that i can bolt in to my car, i'm just ready to have my seats back in.
I wonder if we can get a master list of seats that will bolt in or take very little modification to fit, I'd like some better seats but I cant do heavey modification.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

i'm really starting to like the 92-93 seats, i have a set of wedge brackets and torino knockoffs that i'm having a hell of a time fitting in with headroom.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

I've tried all the seats for the mx-3 and I think that the 92-93 are the most comfortable/supportive.
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

just try finding a decently priced set lol that arent beat to rat s---
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Including your MS seats Mark?
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

Yes, the MS are not good for long trips but they are better for racing of course for the support and keeping me in place. :driver: The other main difference is the reclining function. They have a dial vs. a lever so it takes longer. However there is a separate lever that lets you move the entire back out of the way instantly so gaining access to the back seats is way faster. For leisure driving/long trip purposes I would rather have the lower lever like the 92-93 to be able to adjust the angle of the back instantly.

I've done 24+ hour trips in the 92-93 and I don't mind sitting in them for that long. True they aren't the best for racing but overall average makes them better :freak:
wertys

Post by wertys »

prot seats fit right in if i remember and they're comfy too
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Thanks for the honesty Mark! I had been honestly considering the MS seats(for down the road, naturally...), but daily driving comfort is too important for me to let go.

I love the 92-93 seats, they're part of what made me fall in love with the cars honestly. I just wish it was a TINY bit less restrictive in the shoulder area, because that's the only mildly discomforting area for me. :shrug: Still, it's not enough to really stress, especially on hot days when it keeps my back from touching the seat. :D
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
SBR

Post by SBR »

'93 SE heated seats?
Black 1993 Mazda MX-3 GS - daily driver
Kenwood BT-948HD, MB Quart FX4.100 and ONX1.1000D, Polk MM6501 x4, Polk MM1240
SE interior, MOMO Endurance shift boot, Tomei long shift knob, eBay short shifter

Red 1987 Toyota MR2 - go kart

"If it's crazy you want, it's crazy you get."
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

i could care less about the heated.

this is what i want.....

i'd even take protege seats. just something more supportive and nicer then my 94 seats.
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

i'm on a serious budget, everyone seems to price these like they are made out of gold.

i drove halfway to london from scarborough to pick a set up for $50 bucks and they were mint, took 2 months to get lucky with a deal like that. only to have the guy call me and tell me he sold them 20 minutes before i got there.

i've spent the last almost 5 years building a protege and now the mx. just trying to finish one car and i'd love to have something worthy of bringing to mom( i've skipped out cuz i dont want to bring a half finished car)
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

I've got a set of those protege seats, I've just gotta pick up some rails to make them fit bu they're quite comfortable, I'm on the lookout for some leather SE seats though, they're reall nice.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
AaronTietje

Post by AaronTietje »

I'm even having a hart time getting my sparco's in with enough head room. As it is now I cannot run a slider.
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

as bad as it sounds i was waiting for you to say that lol. i've got knockoffs that are damn near killing me to squeeze in, i've had to cut and weld the sliders to the brackets lol.

stressful....

Return to “MX-3 Related Want to Buy Forum”