Im baaaaacccccckk!!! *****Long post*******

This section is for NEW members to introduce themselves.
atx_mx3

Im baaaaacccccckk!!! *****Long post*******

Post by atx_mx3 »

What's up guys? Most of you won't know me, some of the older members may recognize my user name. So here is my intro/story.

Almost 10 years ago, I purchased a 93 GS 5spf. It was a great car, tons of fun for a while and a nice conversation piece. Long story short, it needed a water pump and headgaskets. A 17yr old ATX_MX3 attempted to do the entire job with little to no tools and little to no REAL mechanical experience. I never got the car running(correctly) again. It ended up breaking a cam(over torqued and wrong bolt in the cam cap, it was not me) and I was a broke trade school student.

So for the last 7 years, I have been looking for a 92 or 93 GS 5spd, locally. Yesterday, I found it. 1993 GS 5 spd with a 2.5 Mx-6 motor(KLDE..sorry, its been a while)with A/C and minimal body dents(no rust here in Texas) for $1500. I am ready to conquer the beast!!! Redemption! Well..l.....ets just say things didn't go so well from the get go.

I drive 3 1/2 hours to Fort Worth. FINALLY get the owner on the phone (he stopped responding to my text and calls as soon as we got in DFW area). Strike 1
I see this MX-3 for the first time. I'm in love. I do my best to hold in my excitement....I want it! Moving on.
They said the car ran perfect...It missed really bad at WOT in any gear and had problems idling when the clutch was pressed to the floor quickly. Strike 2
The car has 18inch chrome wheels, the deal was I bring my own wheels to lower the price....They didn't have the wheel lock key. It wasn't the gorilla spline lock key...OEM Mazda. I'm not paying for the wheels and I didn't bring any tools with me. Strike 3...I almost walked.
We come to an agreement after 2 hours of negotiating. They are going to come to Austin and get the wheels at a later date.

BAM! In the MX-3 again! It started running!! I couldn't believe it..No more miss, tons of power and cold a/c..could you really ask for more??? How about NOT CATCHING FIRE!?! Yep, I said it. 45 mins into the drive(while in traffic), the pressure switch they had jumper-ed with a paper clip, was sitting on top of the a/c line. I noticed the smell and pulled over before it got too much. The pressure switch plug/wire, lines for the hood sprayers and the plastic around the throttle cable burnt. No big deal right? Wrong. I go to hit the gas pedal....solid as a rock. I mess with it over and over and finally get it to break loose. Success! Wrong again. This is where is gets fun.
So the throttle cable will go down....but wont return. No tools, on the highway, in traffic. How in the hell....? I manage to idle it about a half a mile to the exit and park off the road. I search the car for something that could help and there was only an abundance of one thing....speaker wire. So I tie the speaker wire to the top of the throttle body, opposite hte cable ....string it under the hood, in the passenger side window. :welder: :welder: :welder: Genius!!! It works. 4 hours later of pulling the speaker wire to close the TB and mashing the gas to go...We make it home.

I have my hands full with this one, but I'm not giving up. I'll post up some pictures as soon as it stops raining here. I'm happy to be back.
1993 Mazda Mx-3 GS-Sold :(
1992 GS "The Bucket" Gone.
1993 GS 2.5 KLDE. Current daily.

92 GS 5spd for sale! Sold it....after I got a hatch cover in great condition :evil:
92 GS Auction Car, most expensive non-running mx-3 I have ever bought... Parted out and Crushed.

MY WORKLOG, check it out :) viewtopic.php?f=46&t=79959
atx_mx3

Re: Im baaaaacccccckk!!! *****Long post*******

Post by atx_mx3 »

This might be in the wrong section!!! Sorry Mods! :love: :love:

92 GS 5spd for sale! Sold it....after I got a hatch cover in great condition :evil:
92 GS Auction Car, most expensive non-running mx-3 I have ever bought... Parted out and Crushed.

Savin

Post by Savin »

Welcome back! That sounds like quite an adventure! Glad you made it back and are ready to dig in and get started!
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

quite interesting adventure, hope it works out for you and you'll have a nice mx3
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
atx_mx3

Post by atx_mx3 »

Thanks guys!
This is what it looked like before I put my 16inch wheels on it....Its still raining here and the sun has gone down now. Once I can clean it up a bit, ill post some updated pictures.

mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

Looks pretty clean
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

No one can say your not determined, speaker wire through the passengers window, priceless. :lol:
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
atx_mx3

Post by atx_mx3 »

Daninski wrote:No one can say your not determined, speaker wire through the passengers window, priceless. :lol:

:twisted: Determination!! :twisted: I wish I would have taken a picture of it before I put the new throttle cable on. It was pretty hilarious and extremely effective. Being a automotive shop owner, it's a little embarrassing. But sometimes, in a pinch situation, it doesn't matter how it looks...as long as it gets where it needs to go.

mazda915

Post by mazda915 »

Your brave !!! Btw congrats and welcome back !!!!
1992 gs k8ze . 4 inch tip 2.5 cat , cold air intake ,corksport front and rear stut bars home made upper pillar bar , prosport gauges,megan racing 4 pts harnest, 10,000 K HID's , ksport suspension ,
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

atx_mx3 wrote:
Daninski wrote:No one can say your not determined, speaker wire through the passengers window, priceless. :lol:

:twisted: Determination!! :twisted: I wish I would have taken a picture of it before I put the new throttle cable on. It was pretty hilarious and extremely effective. Being a automotive shop owner, it's a little embarrassing. But sometimes, in a pinch situation, it doesn't matter how it looks...as long as it gets where it needs to go.
Ha, the back brakes on my Probe GT have door hinges in them to take up the space the disks usually take. The brakes are just hanging there, quick fix when you don't want to fix a stuck emergency brake.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Demonic1

Post by Demonic1 »

Worklog cause it's fun!
Wings on an MX3? What are you thinking?

92 RS BP05
93 GS KLZE
(Previously owned by 2Fazed and then mrMazda92)
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

looks very clean! Worklog indeed!
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

yeah wow classic member :bowdown:

welcome back chief
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
atx_mx3

Post by atx_mx3 »

kulluminati777 wrote:yeah wow classic member :bowdown:

welcome back chief

Thanks man!!

BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

that's pretty hilarious hope everything works out in the long run it usually does!
Welcome back I think i recognize the name
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com

Return to “Introduction Forum”