Timing belt tensioner?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Gods Father

Timing belt tensioner?

Post by Gods Father »

I'm just about to swap a klde into my gs but wanted to do the timing belt ad water pump before I put it in since the engine is just about 90k miles. Would you suggest I do the timing belt tensioner too? Because there are 2 separate kits one with it and one without, which the one with it is like another $60 or $70 which I don't mind paying, but would rather not if its not vital. Any suggestions? :)
1993 MX-3 w/ straight neck KLZE swap...Probe GT 2.5in headers, Custom exhaust w/ test pipe and OBX Twin Loop Tip, Bully Stage 3 Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel, Pheno Spacers, HEI mod, Blaster SS coil, Probinator chip, TWM short shifter, AWR front and rear mounts (88 Durometer), and Corksport braided clutch line...so far

Ever see the lone rider of the night? Well he'll find you and then you'll never him again...
whitete
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Timing belt tensioner?

Post by whitete »

Honestly well worth it and it takes ten minutes to do for piece of mind!

I say yes replace it
Red96'Mx3 KL-ZE 2.5, CAI, full 2.5'' exhaust,cat delete, black stock rims polished lip, cross drilled brakes, (aftermarket bumper with halo foglights-Needs work) .
http://www.cardomain.com/id/whitete

Previous rides
Purple94' Mx3 K8-ZE CAI, Exhaust, plugs,wires
Purple95' Mx3 K8 american, CAI, Exhaust, plugs, wires,cap/rotor fuel pump, short shift,
Black 94' Mx3 i4 Stock ( hit by dear )
wagZE

Post by wagZE »

I say replace it if its been removed already, if it hasn't than reuse it- under the 1 condition that you have a table vise on hand, aswell as a small drillbit or paper clip. When you take those things off they need to hit a vise IMMEDIATELY. turn the vise slowly when you compress it until you can get the drillbit or paper clip in to hold the ram down. I reuse them all the time, despit what people say. You just have to be careful with them & time is important to get it into a vise.
Well it does take 10 minutes but it also costs $60-100- if you get it for $60 you're waiting on shipping, $80+ is what my local parts stores charge for them :shock:
1 mx6 88 LX auto 2.2l 4cyl
2 mx6 93 LS saved from junkyard SOLD
3 Mx6 96 M edition blow a ze part it
4 Mx6 96 gold LS paint n lights auto SOLD
5 mx6 red fresh paint clean, sold
1 mx3 92rs sohc auto rota c8s h&r
2 mx3 93 gsze bought w/ mods
3 mx3 93 GSze mtx swp act stg3 str8 nek im eibach kl36
4 mx3 GS SOLD-
6 mx3 white gs jdm swap'd SOLD
*5th mx3 blk GS clean title modded DD*
1 PGT 97 blk, garaged clean sold
2 pgt primered 5 spd KL SOLD
Beccabob593
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Beccabob593 »

I got lucky and found one for 44 dollars on ebay. The next day it went up to 60 dollars.
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

Ebay has some good deals on them. And yes, you should change it.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”