coolant bubbling out the reserve

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
wednesdayslatest
antispam: No

coolant bubbling out the reserve

Post by wednesdayslatest »

alright so i did the headgasket and all that and somehow all the lines got switched there was gas in the coolant and coolant in the gas and water in the gas and all that.....

i also had to micky mouse the thermostat housing sensor the thing is overheating sometimes quick sometimes not so quick and it will hold for a little bit now ive changed the thermostat twice and did a flush i changed the radiator cap and before i did the headgasket the radiator was fairly new. the system gets pressureized as soon as it cranks over it would shoot the coolant in the air it seems like its not getting passed the thermostat.....but its new......its not leaking anywhere except when its being forced out the reseve tank......i need to empty out that tank again i pumped out most of it the last time then its been alright its a lot better then before i had to do the tune up thing again im just waiting for the wires to come in. i put an msd blaster ingnition coil. it seems to work nicer. i dont know where its supposed to idle now but i adjusted so that the lowest point that it idles i made it to right below 1 and i guess normally itll stay around 15 16. its nice when shifting a little extra pull and i just got another oil pan to fix this one that i just installed im having so many issues with this car and always have been but im stuck with it now. its hit a tele pole and i had to get the frame work done to it the nose was crooked basically and i had to find another car with all good front end parts. i probably spend around at least 1200 getting it back together and how it is i need to put a rear strut mount too really soon. but if someone can tell me anything. dont tell me its a headgasket. its going to suck i dont want to take it all apart again
03 Dodge Neon (rental i had for a month but i ran that into the ground for sure)
95 Chrysler Concorde (Junked my first car [still ran])
90 Nissan Stanza (Junked [wouldnt start one day])
89 Saab 9000 CD (sedan/turbo very fun but electrical problems[city towed away for no plates on private property])
94 Toyota Camry (mothers old car fixed it then broke it[dont ask] Junked)
93 MX-3 RS (My project for 3 years so far)
97 Honda Civshit (Beater/Stereotypical POS Honda im fixing)
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: coolant bubbling out the reserve

Post by Daninski »

I'm not sure what scares me more, the issues your having with your car or your complete lack of proper punctuation and capitalizing.
If the coolant is being forced out of your engine then it's a head gasket or just possibly the fuel in the water still off gassing (doubt it). One way or the other I felt fearful reading your post.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

it's a headgasket.

Or rather... Probably your head gasket.

the pressure in the combustion chamber is escaping into the coolant, and air is being forced out of your reservoir. hence the bubbles
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I had the same issue recently. After replacing my thermostat, the issue was fixed.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

That sounds better than a head gasket, lets keep our figures crossed.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
wednesdayslatest
antispam: No

Post by wednesdayslatest »

i already changed the thermo and everything is new. i put water it seems to hold a bit. idk it acts odd when i drove home i forgot to put the fan on it didnt even overheat. i ordered the head im going to replace it again. my friend thats the real mechanic said that since there was gas in the coolant it screwed it up. either way i think i can rip it all apart in a few hours and change the headgasket and make sure the head isint cracks. and im typing this stuff up really fast im not used to using forms in proper spaces between topics, just explain the problem and thats it. if you get it you get it if you dont. then well i think you have a problem. i just wanted to see what yall would say i got a lot of work to do to this damn rs but hopefully after all this it will ride for a long time without giving me ANY problems
03 Dodge Neon (rental i had for a month but i ran that into the ground for sure)
95 Chrysler Concorde (Junked my first car [still ran])
90 Nissan Stanza (Junked [wouldnt start one day])
89 Saab 9000 CD (sedan/turbo very fun but electrical problems[city towed away for no plates on private property])
94 Toyota Camry (mothers old car fixed it then broke it[dont ask] Junked)
93 MX-3 RS (My project for 3 years so far)
97 Honda Civshit (Beater/Stereotypical POS Honda im fixing)

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”