25mm mazdaspeed front sway bar replica *update 5/12/12!

New product ideas and status of new product development postings.
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

25mm mazdaspeed front sway bar replica *update 5/12/12!

Post by kulluminati777 »

the mazdaspeed front sway bar was 25mm to help with understeer (josh help me out) Also The increase in size over the OE bar helped to decrease TQ steer. This was not necessarily recommended for RS models as they were about 100lbs lighter in the front end already.and i was wondering if anyone would be in for a group buy on these from corksport if i could make it happen. I wrote them about this and im just waiting on a response but i wanted to see if i was the only one into replicating the front sway bar since whiteline already sells the 22mm rear the same upgrade mazdaspeed did for the mx-3 but no front bar :shrug: ....

So thats where we stand i would rather have the bar made at corksport then king6 Fab but whoever comes through first i would be down either way...come on mx-3 family we need 20! remember the more we have the cheaper it is! also this could be the last product corksport makes for the mx-3

So "derrick" at corksport (if thats his real name) has responded with this
We would just need a bar to do this initially. The bar would be roughly $199.

-Derrick
and that is NOT including shipping but if we bought enough im sure it would go down in price. I told him we have a car for him. Do we MrMazda92? and im still down for buying half your bar

*********update 5/9/12

This would be the bar which would be powder coated and center bushings and brackets. No end links.

We would need to have deposits on the swaybars.

-Derrick

i asked him if there was a way for my test car man to contact him and how will the mx-3 family pay him the deposits but im sure it will be around 30 days until any money will be needed, so who is in for sure i need a concrete list now, im sure we have this project off the ground now, and i also have a few more ideas we could do in the future if this one is a success!!!!!

gentleman this is no longer a GI it is turning into a group buy so who is in for sure i need a concrete list now they are $199 (not including shipping) and also ALL questions answered on page 1
this is what i have;

Me (kulluminati777)
MrMazda92 (im paying half, moon is the ride back)
Mooneggs x2
blaze93gs
superK
mobius
driftfan3
Thefez
weed_klze
whitefinish
josh x2
SBR

****German community
steve x2
eaton m65 klze
siggi (maybe)

let me know if there is any changes we have a month to scape up our deposits and give them to corksport

*****Small Update 5/12/12

i just got a message from corksport....
We wont take any money up front but if this is something we decide to produce money will be required before we start the run.

On thing I need to mention. If there are 20 people who are interested in the swaybar no way guarantees we will go out and produce this. It just makes it much easier to make a decision on if we should or should not pursue this.

-Derrick
:( :crying: i just hope this product doesn't prove to be to difficult for corksport to do.Also i hope the people who want one dont bail out last minute. Believe me when i say this will be the LAST new product that corksport makes for the MX-3. It will also be one of the last performance parts made for the car, but you never know maybe some body with alot of free time and money will want to design something for the car.... :roll:
Last edited by kulluminati777 on May 25th, 2012, 4:07 am, edited 12 times in total.
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
WhiteFinish

Re: [GI] 25mm mazdaspeed front sway bar replica

Post by WhiteFinish »

Of course interested, depending a bit on the price.

What do these things go for normally?
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

he has other sway bars for around 100 bucks and he said his per hour rate is 70 dollars so im thinking around 170 even less if we get alot of people to jump on this! I hope he reply's with some good news...i put this up now because i want to be able to tell him that there is a need for it in our community and not just me who wants it
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Interest Piqued... I still need to try and scrape together enough to buy some items from Blaznlow, I really wanted a set of his SRD repro stuff, but finances are crap right now.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

I would be in for 2. But I would definately want the whole kit with bushings and bushings bracket and it makes me nervous if he doesn't have anyone to test fit this on a real mx-3. The problem is that replacing the front sway bar is no light chore... :?

And what about endlinks? Can we use stock ones or wytendlinks with it?
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

Ive dealt with him before and will be scrapping my second within the next 2 weeks hopefully now that will has a wrecker to pick it up. Hes out in MI i believe but its no problem to send a part for the disc anyhow :mrgreen:
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Ill ask about the endlinks and bushing brackets and what not

GREAT now i can tell him we have alot on board and the price hasnt even been established in concrete and its only been one day!

I will try my hardest to make this happen mainly because i want one :love2: and if i want something i give 100% (theres no such thing as 110%) to getting it!

but as i have heard/read/researched that the front bar is a little complicated to remove so im sure its even that much more to install :x

Also i have heard/read/researched that on a FWD car you only really benefit from a thicker rear bar? :shrug: but the engineers at mazdas main sports factory (mazdaspeed) wouldn't design a bar thats thicker then the rear bar for no reason at all :roll:

-Stay "tuned"
weede_klze

Re: [GI] 25mm mazdaspeed front sway bar replica *update 4/10

Post by weede_klze »

interested :D
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

kulluminati777 wrote: Also i have heard/read/researched that on a FWD car you only really benefit from a thicker rear bar? :shrug: but the engineers at mazdas main sports factory (mazdaspeed) wouldn't design a bar thats thicker then the rear bar for no reason at all
The anti-roll bar's job obviously is to prevent roll by causing both sides of the suspension to compress together to a degree. A lighter anti-roll bar makes the connection between the wheels less direct so there is some roll but that's good because it makes the G-force being generated is easier to feel. The effect of using a stiffer anti-sway bar is to make that connection between the wheels more direct so the roll will be significantly reduced, which is good, but the trade off is that there is less and less indication when you are approaching the limits of traction.

Imagine drivng a go-cart with no suspension at all and sticky tires. You're bombing around a corner...chirp from the tires...and boom you lose traction and spin. It feels perfect and stable right up to the point when you lose traction. The stiffer you make the sway bars the closer you are getting to the go-cart analogy. Hard core racers want that because they have the "feel". They instictively know where the limit is and how to drive right at it without going over. Making the front sway bar stiffer is a good thing...but be aware that in a front wheel drive car that understeers naturally, if you push it you can get bitten.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

i would be interested in a stiff rear one
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

BornSticky wrote:i would be interested in a stiff rear one

i have two words for you brother...white line
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

I know we were discussing this in the other thread about the differences in strength in a hollow bar vs a solid bar.

When you say "stiffer bar" are you referring to just diameter or will the hollow/solid play into that as well?
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Well in terms of mechanics of materials the vast majority of the strain experienced by a cylinder in torsion is generated in the outer elements. That's why they can afford to make things hollow. It reduces the weight significantly but only reduces the torsional strength minimally...although it is reduced.

A larger diameter hollow bar could be stiffer then a smaller diameter solid bar. It's a simple engineering question to determine the necessary diameter whether it's solid or hollow if you know the forces being applied and the dimensions of the bar.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
blaze93gs

Post by blaze93gs »

Interested :freak:
1993 mx-3 gs v6 work log
viewtopic.php?t=79424
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

So

-Me
-Mooneggs X2
-blaze93gs
-weede_klze
-WhiteFinish
Is this correct?

the more peeps we get a demand for the more chances we have of it becoming a reality
:love2:
ill start bugging him more next week and also look into ask other fabrication peeps....also i think i kind of have derrick from corksports interest in making a group buy so we will see stay tuned!!!!!
Last edited by kulluminati777 on April 21st, 2012, 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “New Product Development”