cold air intake

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
pdoan_98
antispam: No

cold air intake

Post by pdoan_98 »

First of all, thanks to everybody that posted on my last post.

I am driving a 94 mazda mx3, 1.6 cyl, manual transmission. i am need of a poor mans lesson on cold air intake and will it benefit my car.

thanks for all the help
SuperK
Supporting Member

Re: cold air intake

Post by SuperK »

to be honest, the install won't benefit your car more than a roll of electrical tape will.
I would suggest getting a roll of electrical tape and wrapping the black intake "accordian" tube with it untill all the cracks are covered.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
DeadMaker

Post by DeadMaker »

Or putting silicone as i did.
Black Mazda Mx3 Rs 1997 B6DE
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by RobMinhas »

My accordion intake was pretty far gone so I just replaced the whole thing. Throttle response was phenomenal and mileage was better but if you're intake is still doing you solid I don't think it would be worth it to replace it.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
pdoan_98

Post by pdoan_98 »

I visually inspected it while I was doing the tune-up. You can see the cracks but I did not see any holes.

@ Rob Did you take the intake off and check for holes, or could you see the holes while still installed?
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by RobMinhas »

pdoan_98 wrote:I visually inspected it while I was doing the tune-up. You can see the cracks but I did not see any holes.

@ Rob Did you take the intake off and check for holes, or could you see the holes while still installed?
I removed it to check but thats not necessary unless you can see underneath it. I had clamps tightened around the bigger cracks/holes that were difficult to get off until the intake was taken off. It doesn't take much effort so you might as well pull it off and take a look.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”