Rear brake swap...?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Rear brake swap...?

Post by MrMazda92 »

Well with all the brake swap information floating around, I would have thought this had been answered previously, but haven't seen it anywhere.

Has anybody attempted to swap Front discs/calipers onto the rear of an MX-3? I don't know why I can't find anything on it, I doubt I'm the first to wonder.

Wyt, you'll probably be all over this! :lol:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Tavman_1213
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Rear brake swap...?

Post by Tavman_1213 »

With the front caliper you wouldn't have an e-brake because of the design of the front caliper. The rears have a mechanical aspect to them which is your e-brake along with the primary which is hydraulic. As for the mounting of the caliper I have no clue if its the same.
93 White RS- BPT Built not bought!!
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78988
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

You can swap them, like what was said is that you loose your ebrake. SO if you search around you can find a hydraulic ebrake that you would have to plumb in line with them. there are some left and right independent ones for rally too :)

Edit: With the Miata Sport rear conversion, is it really necessary?
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

The Miata option is more expensive, but I imagine it's simpler. :lol:

I just wanted to see if it had been considered, I didn't even consider the handbrake tbh :freak:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Never even crossed my mind. I imagine that the front rotor would have clearance problems with the rear spindle. It's thicker.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Well thanks everyone :) I think this one is more trouble than it's worth! :lol:
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”