Engine is in

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Pritchett
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Engine is in

Post by Pritchett »

Woot...put my motor in last night. Couple mount issues, 1 tranny mount bolt was destroyed. Its the rear high one that mounts the mount to the frame. Passenger side mount has a stud misaligned by the looks of it. I pryed, jacked, hoisted but no success. By misaligned I mean the stud in relation to the tapered hole. It's the shorter rear stud. The front one has the nut/ground/nut combo in place and secure. I'll figure something out for the rear after I know the thing works. Which brings me to my question, I'm going with logic and assuming the hose thats connected to the fuel filter is the inlet....I think it hooks up to the regulator side(front rail) does it not? I did search but came up with fuel pressure stuff. I know when we put the last motor in we had it reversed...its a PITA to take off so I only want to do it once and do it right. I've included a pic of the motor sitting in her new home...every one loves pics!

93 mx-3 GS (KLZE w/kl01 cams, XTD stage 3 clutch, Outlaw intake/throttle body spacers, throttle body coolant delete, headers, full 2.5" exhaust w/resonator and 40 series flowmaster, filled engine mounts)
99 silverado
mazda915

Re: Engine is in

Post by mazda915 »

awesome !!! :D
1992 gs k8ze . 4 inch tip 2.5 cat , cold air intake ,corksport front and rear stut bars home made upper pillar bar , prosport gauges,megan racing 4 pts harnest, 10,000 K HID's , ksport suspension ,
Pritchett

Post by Pritchett »

Hmm, for some reason this pic makes my valve covers look faded. Must of been the sun i guess. Another question...I cant for the life of me remove my old O2 sensors...they have been in the car since its birth. Will the car still run? I know its gonna run pig rich with the K8 ECU but whats gonna happen when the ECU can't tell if its running rich or lean?

Edit- The O2 sensors are in the down pipes of the old exhaust....I have installed new headers. Just for clarification.
93 mx-3 GS (KLZE w/kl01 cams, XTD stage 3 clutch, Outlaw intake/throttle body spacers, throttle body coolant delete, headers, full 2.5" exhaust w/resonator and 40 series flowmaster, filled engine mounts)
99 silverado
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

Looks good, how come yellow valve covers though?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Fuel goes to the injectors then back through the regulator.
Are you using new O2 sensors, they're pretty important for good mileage. Old ones respond much slower than new ones. Engine looks nice and as far as the yellow goes, it's YOUR car so you do it your way right. :D

EDIT Before you start the engine or even turn it over pour about a teaspoon of oil into the cylinders then roll the engine over for half a minute to bring up the oil pressure then install the plugs. It'll save a lot of wear on your engine
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

Daninski wrote:Fuel goes to the injectors then back through the regulator.
Are you using new O2 sensors, they're pretty important for good mileage. Old ones respond much slower than new ones. Engine looks nice and as far as the yellow goes, it's YOUR car so you do it your way right. :D

EDIT Before you start the engine or even turn it over pour about a teaspoon of oil into the cylinders then roll the engine over for half a minute to bring up the oil pressure then install the plugs. It'll save a lot of wear on your engine
yes and fill up your oil filter also
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Pritchett

Post by Pritchett »

Wish I had read that stuff before hand. I left the oil filter and oil that came in it, in it. I just wanted to see if I was missing anything. It works awesome!! loud as heck with open headers but at least it works right. I'll be changing the oil and filter soon and finishing the install..such as coolant, both the belts, and PS hoses..oh and the rad. I went with yellow because I redid my door fabric with yellow paint and my brake calipers as well. I'll start a work log eventually.

The yellow theme-

99 silverado
Pritchett

Post by Pritchett »

Hello guys/girls, so it's been a little while since I've had my motor installed and I thought I'd do a little update with a question or 2.

First off, everything is now hooked up and at first glance everything was good, car doesn't overheat or leak any fluids :)
However...upon test driving it down the back alley(lack of insurance/registration) I've realized the power steering does not work. I used the PS pump that came on the motor and just changed the tube out for the one off my old K8. Also the sensor on the ZE PS had been cut for some reason with the bottom half missing. I thought no biggie and pulled the one from my K8 and placed it on the motor. Well something isn't right, either the sensors are different or the PS pump is toast. The the PS fluid is over the full mark but I can't see this causing the problem. Any ideas??

I have yet to check my timing but it seems to be pretty close. The Mazda plugs that's in it now are fairly black and have a fair amount of carbon buildup, so I took the plugs(well 3 of them) out of my roasted ZE and cleaned them up with sandpaper and WD-40, I then swapped those 3 with the 3 Mazda plugs in the front bank. The engine ran like crap...missing and the idle had turned really rough. Switched them back and the engine idled fine again...well as far as I could tell anyway...open headers still. What is the best plug for performance for this engine? I plan on running a high octane fuel and seeing if I can advance the ignition timing any once I get a timing light of course, has anyone tried advancing their IGN timing with high octane? Thanks for any info, data or your 2 cents!! Here is a better pic of my new love :)
99 silverado

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”