gear shift sticking

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
zero_one
antispam: No

gear shift sticking

Post by zero_one »

lately i have been having issues with the shifter. when i start it everything is fine - wiggles nicely in neutral and shifts smoothly. however after about 20 minutes of driving it starts to really stiffen up and if its in neutral it will just stick to one side depending in the direction you push it. any help in identifying the matter would be awesome. :crying:
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: gear shift sticking

Post by Ryan »

check your trans fluid level... There is a big bolt on the front of the trans, 21mm? pop it off, and if you cram your finger in there you should feel the level is at the point where it wants to pour out of there.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
BornSticky

Re: gear shift sticking

Post by BornSticky »

if you have a larger exhaust it could be hitting the linkage just under the shifter on the bottom of the car i had that problem we i put a 2.5" on mine
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”