Help,KLDE MX3 longneck air intake

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
eunosklde
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Help,KLDE MX3 longneck air intake

Post by eunosklde »

Hey boyz.Got a mx3 klde longneck.Need your help guys,Im trying to figure out the best way of going about fitting a cold air induction on my mazda.At the moment i got a k@n pod air filter hooked up like most mx3 KLZE/DE,just hooked up to the rubber pipe intake.Wots the best way about goin about doin the intake,I see same guys leave the vaf meter hooked up the the normal intake pipe and extend a pipe to the front right headlight,same go about mouting the air filter to a lower postion and sits behind the foglight behind the bumper.Is there any down falls about making the intake pipe so long.I know same cars lose throttle respones and power by makeing the intake longer then stadard.Finelly wot power gains if any by moving the pod air filter away from engine.Thanx for any help..
Ryan

Re: Help,KLDE MX3 longneck air intake

Post by Ryan »

Unless you plan on dynoing it, you'll never notice a difference from location of intake. I would replace all the rubber with aluminum tubing though. The accordion style tubing is both restrictive and fail-tastic.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
eunosklde

Post by eunosklde »

Thanx ryan,Yeah i had it made 98 kw at the wheels,so i wouldent get much more than 2 kw at most doin the cold air intake.One more thing how many kw you can get out of a KLDE and wots the most anyones seen a KLDE make.All ive done is a xforce cannon and k@n pod filter,KL31 ecu and longneck manifold.And one last thing wot mazda dose the newer KLDE's come from,my engine number is 8146...Most block numbers ive seen on jap spec KLZE's are around the 50000.Thanx
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

If you're asking how much a KLDE can make, you need to specify a few things. Once you put high comp pistons, stiffer valve springs, port it out... over the 250hp(185kw) mark easily.

The newest North American KLDE's come in the 2001? + 626, technically called a KLG4.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”