does anyone have connections

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

does anyone have connections

Post by kulluminati777 »

i was wondering of anyone who new someone or someone who is on mx3community.de i cant get on becaue i dont speak a lick of german i need a headliner and i know they could help also i want to start attending mx3 meets...please help :x
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Re: does anyone have connections

Post by Mooneggs »

I don't speak German either. You will be surprised how many people speak english though...

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/
http://translate.google.com/
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

To graduate in most European schools a second language is a must. I've been around Germany and had no problem when speaking English.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
ethand

Post by ethand »

wait... so you live in Germany, but cant talk to anyone? :oops:
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Post by mikeinaus »

get google chrome. it has a built in translator and is awesome!
ethand

Post by ethand »

for serious?? i'm SO getting that... will make looking up stuff on Yahoo Japan a little easier!! :lol:
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

i cant speak german because im an american soldier stationed in germany and its not about being able to read it becaue i use the google translate and all taht but can i type engliish and it will translate my text to german
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

kulluminati777 wrote:can i type engliish and it will translate my text to german
yes but it's not pretty... I think it's good enough to do basic communication... you may get laughed at but it will probably get the job done :lol: :freak:
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Chrome is a double sided sword, as far as browsers go.

Divided processes for multiple tabs = reliability when one process fails, and complete bloat as far as system resource drain.

You can get add-ons for Firefox that translate for you, and you'll have the best of both worlds ;D
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

MrMazda92 wrote:Chrome is a double sided sword, as far as browsers go.

Divided processes for multiple tabs = reliability when one process fails, and complete bloat as far as system resource drain.

You can get add-ons for Firefox that translate for you, and you'll have the best of both worlds ;D
ive never noticed it hogging resources to much. i dont usually have over 5 pages open at once thow... the only reason i like chrome over firefox is that its so low profile. with the start bar on auto hide and the low profile combined address/search bar almost all of my screen is displaying the web page. call me picky but i hate looking at big buttons, and i especially hate having to use 2 different bars for addresses and search.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

mikeinaus wrote:ive never noticed it hogging resources to much. i dont usually have over 5 pages open at once thow... the only reason i like chrome over firefox is that its so low profile. with the start bar on auto hide and the low profile combined address/search bar almost all of my screen is displaying the web page. call me picky but i hate looking at big buttons, and i especially hate having to use 2 different bars for addresses and search.
It does, check your task manager with 5 chrome tabs open in 1 window, there will be 1 process per tab(maybe an additional one for the browser itself), even google's homepage shows as much usage as 2-3 tabs on Firefox. I use both, mainly because my girlfriend has a thing for Google... Personally, I can't stand the fanatical following, just like what people have for Apple products.

Firefox is also VERY customizable, and you can make it as slim as you would like. My download "box" is a good example, it's about 1/2" tall and 2-4 inches long depending on the title of the download. It only pops up when a download is running, and disappears when you clear the list.

I'll show you what my firefox looks like on this computer, even though it's my girlfriend's laptop. Mine is a bit simpler, but here it is:

Here's Firefox with a Task Manager reading of it's memory usage(RAM): ~61k

Here's Chrome with a similar reading, but 3 processes for the single tab and window: ~54k

The chrome window isn't the exact same forum page as the firefox one, but it shows the 3 tabs and similar system usage. It would be a tad higher on the same page firefox was on, because I'm inputting information. That kicks it up a bit, sadly.

Still though, that's annoying!! Especially when you have 5 or 6 tabs open that aren't BLANK.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
ethand

Post by ethand »

could you give me the name/s of any good translator add-ons for firefox, then? how do i get them? google search? (sorry, i'm not really computer savvy)
I find the slim profile of chrome annoying!! i like firefox, but cant ever figure out how to translate stuff.
I always tab stuff, too, and usually have at least 4 tabs at any one time - I come on the forums and facebook and just open a new tab for each new post/notification, and sometimes am on 3 sites at once... about 2 mins ago i had about 15 tabs open hahaha
so firefox is better at dealing with that number of tabs?
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

ethand wrote:could you give me the name/s of any good translator add-ons for firefox, then? how do i get them? google search? (sorry, i'm not really computer savvy)
I find the slim profile of chrome annoying!! i like firefox, but cant ever figure out how to translate stuff.
I always tab stuff, too, and usually have at least 4 tabs at any one time - I come on the forums and facebook and just open a new tab for each new post/notification, and sometimes am on 3 sites at once... about 2 mins ago i had about 15 tabs open hahaha
so firefox is better at dealing with that number of tabs?
For Firefox, you go to Tools in the menu bar, then add-ons, and then Get new Add-ons is the top left tab in that page.

You can search for a good translator there, I don't have one off the top of my head. I rarely use them, :S

It's not that it deals with them "better", so much as differently. If Firefox crashed for some reason, it would have to re-load all of the open tabs/pages. It fills the information in just as it was when it crashed, and if it's been a short period of time(immediately re-opened), then it will allow you to enter secured pages still(without having to login again).

Chrome gives every tab a separate process, so a crash will almost always kill only a single tab. This means more RAM is being used at a given time per tab than Firefox, and the "restore" feature is quite limited in my opinion. You're pretty much SOL if it was an encrypted page, you have to type all your info in again.
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

so by all this tech talk im guessing no one knows anybody on mx3comunity.de or and one in germany period?
ethand

Post by ethand »

i think thats a negative... sorry!

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”