Sticky Throttle!!URGENT

A section dedicated to Engine Mangement Systems & Engine Tuning. Megasquirt, SMS, Haltek, ect.
cWs306
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Sticky Throttle!!URGENT

Post by cWs306 »

hi. k well i got a super sticky throttle, but it only starts to stick once ive been driving for a bit(till the cars completely warmed up) when i go to shift and put the clutch in it shoots it up to 2800-3000rpms(one time it was reaching 3500rpms) and sometimes when im sitting still it will start reving it self.(is that caused from a Sticky throttle too?)and how would i fix this? please help! its starting to get on my nerves! Thanks alots!!
MX3-4U2NV
antispam: No

Re: Sticky Throttle!!URGENT

Post by MX3-4U2NV »

mine does this too, but not as much rpms. I alwaya have to put my foot under the pedal and pull it out to bring the rpms down. And like with yours, only happens once warmed up, etc.
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

You may have the bushings in the throttle body worn out, which allows more air than needed to get to the engine, especially when idling. I had that problem before, in a protege, and a new set of homemade bushings took care of it.
I don't know if you can get the bushings separately, or you have to replace the TB, but even if you can, replacing the bushings is kind of a PITA... :shrug:

It can also be dirt that's interfering with the movement of the butterfly valve, or lack of lubrication in the throttle cable. Try some TB cleaner, and a shot of WD-40 in the throttle cable.
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

yah thats exactly what i have to do.. i gotta like let off the gas pull back on the pedal, clutch then brake. its a mission lol. but thanks alot!
Newfie_dan

Post by Newfie_dan »

it can also be the throttle body cable, I have seen this before, you can disconnect it lube it with a good penetrating oil and let it sit with it proped up so that the oil sinks down into the cable then move it around until it gets freed up. I had this issue with mine back about a year ago and it got cleared up by doing this. btw I am in saskatoon as well, good to see another member from toon town on here.
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

Yah thats what my cousin said to do.. probably give it a shot.. might as well eh? lol. and oh right on man! yah my cousin got me into these cars :P he had a KLZE swap in his old one.

Return to “Engine Electronics/Tuning”