KLZE swap

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
AudioSamEgo
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

KLZE swap

Post by AudioSamEgo »

I have a 1992 MX-3 GS. Can I put a KLZE on the original tranny? I need recommendations for a stronger clutch. Is there anything else I have to change?
ice_mann
antispam: No

Re: KLZE swap

Post by ice_mann »

The answer ot all of your questions can be found with the SEARCH function at the top of the page.
1. Yes the klze can be put on the original tranny
2. The type of clutch is up to you, the type of feel you want (soft, hard) and what your power goals are. Just go with a reputable brand name and not a cheapo ebay one
95 MX3 GSZE- Silver, TWM STS, suspension techniques lowering springs, moroe struts, bronze-oil shifter bushings, leather MS shift knob, strut bars(Fleabay), ss headers, spec stage 3 clutch, fidanza flywheel , outlaw spacers, MS motor mounts , custom ss door sills, spyder projectors

WTB
coilovers
Megasquirt(dont know which one yet)
Slim Fans
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Original 5-speed manual. The automatics can't handle the KL
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I suggest you do a little introductory. Tell us about yourself, look throught this site, USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION and just generally don't expect to come on this site, milk the information you need then leave. Now start again with an introductory post. Cheers
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
AudioSamEgo

Post by AudioSamEgo »

OK, bear with me, I'm new at this forum stuff. I'm 49, live in central California and fell in love with MX-3's the first time I saw one. That was in 2006 and I bought it right then. "It" is a 92 MX-3 GS, white with a sunroof. I paid $1500 US. My last car was an El Camino with a built 350. This Mazda is lots more fun to drive and handles beautifully. In 2008 I ordered a KLZE for $1250 and paid $1000 for a mechanic to install it. After it was in I found out it was a standard 2.5 KLDE out of a Ford Probe, or so I've been told. Sure the car is fast but the original engine made me feel like I was driving a Porche. I really want to put a KLZE in it. I've been burnt once and would like to know where I can get a KLZE for a reasonable price. Any help or tips you can give would be greatly appreciated.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

49 eh? Your too old to be on here. Go buy a Ford or something with wood mac tac on the side. Act your age.

Kidding. :lol: I'm 55 so I say welcome to this site and we'll do our best to help you. Cheers, Dan.
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Original 5-speed manual. The automatics can't handle the KL
I don't think the auto's can handle anything... lol
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

original K8 5speed trannys can handle the KLZE...(im using it) and id say use. http://www.centerforce.com/ for your clutch.. and for a REAL KLZE for a cheap price. www.JDMSOURCE.ca. Just ordered my new KLZE about 20 minutes ago :P. along with ceramic pacesetter headers and a centerforce clutch (total just under $2000 can.) but the work is free. since i do it all my self. hope this helps you :) best of luck with your ZE. make a work log so we can all see how she goes. im doing the same once i start mine this weekend. Later! OH AND BTW ITS NEVER TO LATE TO BUY A MX-3! i give you old timers prop's for rocking the mx-3s :D
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

94 MX-6. Michelin floor mats. """Mods- glues rear view mirror back on."""
makes me laugh everytime i read it. hahaha good one!
Lesley

Post by Lesley »

"i give you old timers prop's for rocking the mx-3s "

Gee, thanks! :lol:
92 Mx3 GS KLZE 5 speed
97 Dodge Dakota - Boyd rims, custom built 5.9 360, custom tranny with kevlar guts and shift kit. Too many upgrades to list.
92 Mazda 323 - winter beater

mx3 by Leadfoot Lesley, on Flickr
neli_nael

Post by neli_nael »

FAQ helps
94 mx3 rs
92 mx3 gs curved neck klze SOLD
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

cWs306 wrote:
94 MX-6. Michelin floor mats. """Mods- glues rear view mirror back on."""
makes me laugh everytime i read it. hahaha good one!
Oh man, stick with the topic. I'm sure his rear view is just fine.. :D
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

Return to “Transmissions”