How to disconnect the annoying Door ajar chime. 94 mx3

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
red17
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

How to disconnect the annoying Door ajar chime. 94 mx3

Post by red17 »

im sure there are plenty of posts about this, but just a few hours ago i did it so i shot a couple of pictures and figured i'd post them.
all you do is take off the plastic cover that surrounds the base of the steering wheel, and just under the key hole on the right side is a small box, probably not even 1 inch long, with 2 green wires going to it. take off the cover, and unscrew the bottom green wire and presto. that should be it. make sure you wrap the wire you took off with tape so that it doesnt somehow make its way back up to the connector and make a connection again.

the green wire hanging off is obviously the one you take off.
_-Night-Shade-_

Re: How to disconnect the annoying Door ajar chime. 94 mx3

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Or you can just turn the key to the "on" position.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
wittydrewy

Post by wittydrewy »

Thank you! I have been wanting to know how to do this.
red17

Post by red17 »

your welcome.
im glad i did this since i clean the inside of my car all the time with the radio on, that buzzer will almost drive you crazy
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

red17 wrote:your welcome.
im glad i did this since i clean the inside of my car all the time with the radio on, that buzzer will almost drive you crazy
Same.

I don't see the point of the buzzer really... It's pretty obvious if you have the door partly open while driving...

1) Greatly increased volume of road noise
2) Vibration/Wind
3) Interior lights might come on
4) I for one have never in my life shut the door part way, and not noticed it wasn't completely closed.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”