Need Help with Horn brushes ?

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Need Help with Horn brushes ?

Post by Daninski »

Ok I've fixed the turn signals and sat there trying to figure out whats wrong with the horn when I realized there needs to be brushes of some sort and there were none, Guess they got lost with the MS steering wheel mod. Dunno. Anyone seen these babies and can describe them or provide a pic. Is this something I can make. My buddy has every electrical connector, relay, circuit board money can buy. Can I make these or do I need to buy them. Thanks
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: Need Help with Horn brushes ?

Post by Daninski »

The part that goes on the colume side of the hub is missing . Can anyone describe what it looks like
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Ok fine, no one to help. As usual I'll just figure it out on my own but hey not to worry I've figured every thing else out on my own as well. :)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

Newfie_dan

Post by Newfie_dan »

I have to yank my steering wheel apart this weekend to check out my cruise control issue I will try to snap you some pics if I can dan.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I'll try to remember to get a oic tomorrow. Call to remind me, if you want.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Newfie_dan wrote:I have to yank my steering wheel apart this weekend to check out my cruise control issue I will try to snap you some pics if I can dan.
If you push the button and the cruise won't come on that's a common problem with Mazdas either mx3 or mx6. All you can do is go to [WTB] and see who has a spare. As a mater of fact I think I do if i can find it. :) I also have one in pieces. Not sure if it works or not, would have to put a meter on in. They do come apart easily. I have the switch circuit boards.
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Ok I bought a plastic bread board from Zellers and fabricated a proper part for inside the steering adapter (damn universals). I rebuilt the connector plug with new wires and routed them no the horn and turn signals work like a charm. Next project, solving world hunger.
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Good job, man!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Newfie_dan

Post by Newfie_dan »

yeah I may have to get those switches off ya dan I will let ya know

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”