V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
KINGMX
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

KLZE curved neck?? or straight neck???

Post by KINGMX »

which one of these kl's truely dominate....?? need help
SpatialTerror
antispam: No

Re: KLZE curved neck?? or straight neck???

Post by SpatialTerror »

im not 100% sure but ive herd straight neck.
either way the kl is bada** though
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
92 RS with lowering springs, and body kit.
SpatialTerror
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I think the straight neck was the one to go with for the sole purpose of it being the perfect match for the KL31/KL36 ECU, but we have many options now that would neglect that. I personally don't believe that the work involved for a straight neck is worth it. I really don't like the 90-degree bends done in the intake system to make it work anyhow.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:I think the straight neck was the one to go with for the sole purpose of it being the perfect match for the KL31/KL36 ECU, but we have many options now that would neglect that. I personally don't believe that the work involved for a straight neck is worth it. I really don't like the 90-degree bends done in the intake system to make it work anyhow.
+1
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Gee I was about to comment on this thread when something came out of my ear. Anyway lots of work for the straight neck. Straight neck has torque higher up the rpm scale where as the curved is a little lower which is probably better for most of our driving anyway. Now what the hell was that that rolled out of my ear???
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”