Serious bucking and stalling

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
RX8SE3P

Serious bucking and stalling

Post by RX8SE3P »

ZE swapped, no issues before I did this:

Got fuel injectors cleaned and tested (came back good)

Deleted EGR

Changed drive shafts

Now when I accelerate it bucks badly and I can see the RPMS shoot up and down wildly whilst doing so. I tried adjusting the TPS, it's not that. It stalls too after I try and take off. There's no air leaks, no vacuum problems. The VAF was fine before and I can't see it being crap now. Nothing is disconnected. I'm using a known good disty.

Idling, it's perfect. No signs of failure, it's only when I try and drive with some load, I can rev the engine's a-- of whilst idling with no issues at all. It's just when I take off I have issues and it seems to be prone to stalling after take off.

I actually put the fuel hoses on the wrong way when I reinstalled everything and tried to start with no effect. I dunno if this could have stuffed anything up. There really was not too much pressure coming out of the fuel lines when I took them off and tried cranking. Also, I do have a new fuel filter.

Not sure if my fuel pump is on it's way out.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
SpatialTerror
antispam: No

Re: Serious bucking and stalling

Post by SpatialTerror »

it might be your fuel pump if it didnt push a good amount out of it.
what ecu are you running?
to me it sound like a vac leak on the manifold.
you also might have a bad tps.
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
92 RS with lowering springs, and body kit.
SpatialTerror
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

Don't see how the TPS could go faulty all of a sudden but do have a spare to play with.

Not much fuel came out of fuel hose when I had the engine cranking and the hose off the injector rails. I might try taking it off again, jumping FP and GND on the diagnostics box and seeing how much pours out. I should get a nice amount of fuel pouring out right?

EDIT:

OK I forgot one grounding wire in the wiring loom... Connected it back to the engine and went around the block about 3 times this morning with no issue whatsoever....

Will check it again tomorrow on a much longer drive to work.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
SpatialTerror
antispam: No

Post by SpatialTerror »

well it will fill a gallon milk jug in around 30sec im guessing.
but your tps is something that is very common with these cars to go out.
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
92 RS with lowering springs, and body kit.
SpatialTerror

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”