Hello MX3 brothers :D

This section is for NEW members to introduce themselves.
Lion_MX3ClubGreece
antispam: No

Hello MX3 brothers :D

Post by Lion_MX3ClubGreece »

Hello MX3 brothers...how are you? My name is John and i'm from MX3 Club in Greece (MX3 Club GR). First of all, i wanna say that i'm so glad to find you all in here. A group of friends who shares the same interests and they are owners of a legendary (for me at least) car. I cannot express my feelings about Mazda MX3. Is a great car of absolute perfection :D
My babe is a red MX3 '97 DOHC 1.6lt and i had a problem lately with my engine and that because of a stupid "mechanic", who changed the old oils with new but he forgot to add them (the new oils). So, basically the car had not any drop of oil inside the engine. Anyway, this is a long story, but his mistake cost me the destruction of my DOHC. I want your help, brothers and i will explain how.
There is much time that i've been decided to swap my DOHC with a KL-ZE V6 2.5lt and i think that the time has come. Unfortunately, Greece lacks of these engines, so i wanna import a KL-ZE from another country. And there you come. Is there ANYONE (or know anyone) who sells a european edition of KL-ZE?
Don't hesitate to PM me, contact me or whatever. Plz guys, i DESPERATELY need your help, you're my last hope.....
AshMx3

Re: Hello MX3 brothers :D

Post by AshMx3 »

Hi
Well I can say I am not a brother but do own a 1992 Mx3 and do have the KL-ZE motor swap.. I got my motor off of Ebay.com. .
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Well, hello, John. Welcome to the forum! I believe that with our enthusiasm, the MX-3 will become legendary.
I hope that you can prove that the oil place didn't fill it! They should have recorded the mileage. You can show how many miles you put on it before it gave up.
It may be cheaper and easier to get a turbo 4 cylinder, and get the same or more power.
Sorry, I can't help with where to get a KLZE.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
tripleMX-3chicMS
Supporting Member

Post by tripleMX-3chicMS »

welcome DUDE... from a dudette... U have pics of your MX-3? We like pics! :D
92 GS automatic (WHITE w/ full on Zebra interior) My Morning DD
93 GS SE 5 spd manual (RASPBERRY) My Evening DD
93 GS SE 5 spd manual (RASPBERRY) Working On (pics soon)
93*4 GS SE's for parts ONLY*
Every day is a good day to be a girl.... hehehe
my feedback: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f= ... 50&start=0"
Lion_MX3ClubGreece

Thnk you all for your worm welcome :)

@AshMx3 Then are you a sister? :wink: If yes, it's good to see MX3 owners of the other sex. It turns me double on :wink: :lol: Anyway, you mentioned "Ebay". Ι wanna ask you 2 questions:
a) Is it reliable to buy an engine from Ebay? I mean, who's guarantee that the engine is functional? You have to check something first before you buy it. These things i'm thinking and i'm hesitate to buy a KL-ZE from Ebay. But if there is not any other choice at all, maybe i'll follow your way.
b) About the import clearance of the engine. BIG problem!! Maybe in US or UK there isn't any clearance but here...unfortunately, there is and it's a price about the double price of MX3. I wish there is a way to avoid the clearance.

@fowljesse Thnx for the advice, bro. It is a good idea to prove his stupidity, honestly ;) About the turbo you said, i know that it's more cheaper but 1st of all, customize my MX3 is my hobby so i don't care about (not that i'm gonna pay a price of a Lamborghini Murcielago on it though :lol: ) and 2nd i'm a V6 addict and that because when turbos stops giving power boost on wheels, the V6 keeps going ;) We are talking for evil power here :P

@tripleMX-3chicMS Not yet sis, but i will soon ;) I do not want to deprive your joy :lol:
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Gday John,

Places like Jeroentje.nl in the Netherlands could get you one, but it's not cheap. I'm sure there'd be more on Netherlands/German ebay.

You'd be as well to just get whatever 2.5 you can locally from an mx6/probe/xedos9 then if you want more, turbo it! Surely if (like me) you're in the retarded entity that is the European Union you shouldn't pay any tax if bought from another member state?
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
AshMx3

Post by AshMx3 »

Hey
Yes I am a chick and I love my mx3.. I have had my Mx3 for three years or is it four now.. Well I did get my motor off of Ebay from a company. It has been in there for almost a year now and have not had any problems. This is the third motor the car has had. The stock motor, a 2.5 motor that I put in and after starting it found out it had a cracked head. I bought that motor locally and that was no fun and then the motor I have in it now and right now having trouble with the Idle but I think I have that figured out. When I did recieve my motor I made sure that there was a warranty on it and I read all the reviews the seller had.

I been having crazy thouhts in selling the Mx3 and going with something a little newer a mazda 3 but I am not sure if I can part from the Mx3. It needs work the struts, inners, windshield, and it is going to need a paint job soon because when I bought the car they had it painted and it wasnt done right.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

John. I don't know about the justice system there, but if you paid them to put oil in, and they ruined your car by not doing their job, they should buy you another engine!
I HATE oil change places, but won't rant.
In light of what you wrote, I'd recommend getting a low mileage KLDE, or KLG4, and build it into a KLZE clone. If my worklog doesn't confuse you, it could give you ideas. I need to cut back on my going on about how a KLDE can be built stronger than a KLZE. In your case, you would have a stronger engine for less money if you built a high compression KLDE. If you're curious, I'll give you more info about it.
check out http://www.xtremethings.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There is a guy who tuned 167 WHP out of a stock KLDE with MegaSquirt. I've sen KLZEs with much less.
Good luck!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
mazda915

Post by mazda915 »

welcome dear brother , i bought my motor at http://www.jdmenginedepot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; great place for the ze and other motors this company is great to deal with and can ship any where . good luck
1992 gs k8ze . 4 inch tip 2.5 cat , cold air intake ,corksport front and rear stut bars home made upper pillar bar , prosport gauges,megan racing 4 pts harnest, 10,000 K HID's , ksport suspension ,
Lion_MX3ClubGreece

@AshMx3 You want something new, sis? i have found you a solution....get the 1997 MX3 DOHC lol...ok, just kidding! Since you will be attached with your MX3, it's hard to get seperated. I will keep my babe till i'll be 50-55 years old. I'm truly in love with it ;) and i'm going to be a MX3 grandpa lol . It is so sad that there is not any newest model of MX3. As i said, this car keeps amaze me. Nevertheless if i was not an owner of MX3, i would like to be an owner of RX-7 (that's an off-topic :P )

@marcdh true...Netherlands/Germany is more close to Greece and both are in the EU. I'll have that in mind, thnx dude :D

@fowjesse If you have something in mind, brother, plz... it would be an honor for me to share your wisdom :D

@mazda915 i think there is no any other choice but to get one from ebay or your site you've mentioned. To tell you the truth, i found a KL-ZE here in Greece but is the Japanese version. That means that it have the full power of the KL-ZE BUT the power stops at 190km/h (i dunno how many miles it is) and that because of the Japanese law. If i'll buy it then i'll have to buy an ECU too and that's not a good move. So, i'm looking for a European or American version...

wow...now, that means help...damn, i love you guys (brotherly ofcourse) :D So, many options and "fowljesse" keeps giving me ideas!!! :lol: Thnk you sssoooo much ladies and gents ;)
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

The only version of the KLZE is Japanese! There have been very few people lucky enough to get the Japanese ECU. I didn't know it had a 190 km/h limiter. You can get rid of the limiter!
Lion_MX3ClubGreece

Yea bro, if you get a stock kl-ze engine, you probably have to face that problem (at least that's what they say to me). The only solution is to take off the ECU and add on a new one. But most people say that is a pain in the a-- (regarding financial reasons). That idea came up on my mind, but first, i didn't know if i must had to re-program the new ECU and second what ECU should i get. I mean every ECU will be fit on kl-ze? What do you have on your MX3?
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Mine's a bit unique... I have a Probe ECU reflashed with dyno calculated VRIS points, and fuel and spark maps, and I have a MegaSquirt and Spark engine management system.
Do a search on which ECU, and VAF to use with the KLZE, and in your search you will learn other things also. It's really not too costly, or hard to set up. If you want an extended hobby, you can get MegaSquirt, and really tune some power. With a strong KLZE, and MegaSquirt, you should get about 180-200WHP, and you wouldn't have to get a different ECU.
Lion_MX3ClubGreece

Your MX3 sounds like a spaceship to me.... hahaha!! What the hell have you created?I'm impressed me, i wish i could live close to you :D I could learn lot of things ;)
i'm so sorry bro for my noobish question, but what's the MegaSquirt? Never heard of it :P (FAIL)
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Spaceship? You're more right than you know! Check it out!
http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... s&start=30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And me drag racing a member here (He has a huge turbo, and Nitrous; over 300whp):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWOlr_AEHF4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MegaSquirt is a small computer that you hook up to your car, and with a laptop, and extra sensors. I can control everything the ECU does, except the cruise control, and A/C. Did you ever watch "The Fast and the Furious"? There are scenes (and in other movies) where they are sitting in their cars, using a laptop to tune their cars. It's the same thing. I can even change the fuel, spark, whatever while the car is being driven. With this computer, you can tune all kinds of hybrid combinations. For an MX-3 with a KLZE, you can go without a VAF, and use your stock ECU. It costs a total of about $500 USD if you build it yourself. I assume a KLZE ECU, and VAF would cost you about half of that.

Return to “Introduction Forum”