Summer Tire Time!

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.

What Tires?

yokohama s. drives
No votes
Toyo T1R's
No votes
General Exclaim UHP (currently out of stock at a bunch of places)
No votes
BF Goodrich G-Force Sport
No votes
Other (list below please)
No votes

Total votes: 0

onlytrueromeo

Summer Tire Time!

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Time to pick summer tires. I will no longer be going w/ an All season tire and this will be my first set of true summer tires :) I need a relatively cheaper tire and want good wet weather performance since these will go on a daily driver. I don't care if they are the absolute stickiest tires because of these reasons.

I wish I could get the Eagle F1 GS-d3's as they seem like the best tire ever, but alas they are not made in our size :(

I do not have the money for rims, so I am stuck w/ 15" tire sizes. Most likely going to stick to stock 205 55 r15 as they offer the most selection (from what limited selection we have). Going up to a 215 significantly increases cost and decreases selection.

Leaning towards the T1r's as the miata guys love them.
PilotSmack89
antispam: No

Re: Summer Tire Time!

Post by PilotSmack89 »

I'm running Nexen N3000's... very solid ride, no road-noise, and they absorb a pretty good amount of bumps on the road. And really good traction... I can take corners on the highway at 120km/h, when the sign says 60... and without any wheel squeakage haha
-Blaze Red 92 MX-3 RS w/ Brembo rotors, Infinity Kappas 62.9i

"MA! THE MEATLOAF!!"
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

lol well no one voted, i went ahead and decided to get the s. drives. Got them for $368 Shipped, no one around me has any good deals, i tried to call around and barter on prices and got laughed at. T1r's would have cost me $600.

Hopefully they will last me 2 summers!
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

yok's are ok. But i think the toyos would of been worth the extra 232 $
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I'm running Kumho Ecsta XS on my 94 5 spokes... they may wear down too quick if you are driving alot...
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Oh, I wanted the toyo's but the girlfriend told me they weren't in the budget :(

I am looking for another mx3 though to start another project so it's ok :mrgreen:

Besides, I have poop heavy rims and want to move to a lighter/possibly 16" wheel in the future but I can not afford the $800 for RPF1's, or a wider 15" wheel to accommodate 215 or 225mm width. I'm willing to deal w/ the S. Drives as they will be a significant improvement from the goodyear triple treads I've had for the last 3 years.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”