Taillight gap...

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
anjin1982

Taillight gap...

Post by anjin1982 »

So i bought this altezza's years ago but lately after looking at other pics and considering the halo headlights i was wondering if this gap is gonna be a issue with the headlights too? and im tempted to buy another set of tailights if it will get rid of the gap....i forgot where i bought them from...Image
http://members.cardomain.com/anjin1982
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Taillight gap...

Post by Ryan »

Did you install them correctly? Make sure its in all of the clips properly... my aftermarket tails fit fine.

There is no link between the people who make the tail and the headlights.

One style of headlights is a bit smaller, but they both fit good.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
anjin1982

Post by anjin1982 »

im 99% sure i installed them properly...the clips lined up with the bar's body and it only has that one screw that screw's into the car towards the center of the car...just seems real shady...one screw to hold the entire piece in...
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

well it only requires one screw cause those clips hold it in damn good, how did you uninstall them? by sliding it or pulling? (if you pulled them out, you may need new clips)
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

You sure you pushed it in enough?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
anjin1982

Post by anjin1982 »

Yea its pushed in all the way. if you look at the first pic you can see the taillight liner is lined up with the hatch lining. if you run your hand across is flush with the car its just that gap...
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Dude, no... push it in. You messed up somewhere. Take it out and put it in again if you have to. No one else has had these problems.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Ya, those pics don't really help me to see, but I swear it needs one more little push to pop it in flush.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

There are two styles (that i have seen), one set pushes in from the back of the car to the front, the other set pushes from the middle of the car toward the outside of the car sideways. I have had both set's and the one's that push from the back to the front had a huge gap in fitting, these were my carbon fiber looking one's.
1993 White gs klze.
anjin1982

Post by anjin1982 »

ive push and took them out and had a friend look at them and they just dont fill the gap right...i wanna get another set that fit well...any ideas?
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

maybe try them on another mx-3. Afterall these are made in China and their workmanship is not up to par.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”