klze swap in 4cyl mx-3 would it work??

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
gxser
antispam: No

klze swap in 4cyl mx-3 would it work??

Post by gxser »

i was just wondering if its even posible to do !!
Nd4SpdSe

Re: klze swap in 4cyl mx-3 would it work??

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Buddy, you have no idea how many times it's been asked. Basically, although the cars are the same, what goes on in the engine bay between the car is totally different. You basically need to convert it to a V6 which involves swapping EVERYTHING from a V6 Mx-3. Of course that being the case, you'll pretty much need a doner car, in which that being the case, you're better off just swapping a ZE into the doner GS. Considering that the GS has better stock suspension and rear sway bar, rear disc brakes and a tigher steering rack, those are extra goodies to have, but you can swap those over too if you want, but that's just that much more work than you have ahead of yourself.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
gxser

Post by gxser »

hahaha i knew it i just wanted to ask because i have a 96 DOHC its all done up already !! so ill just sell it and get a v6 and go from there i guess thx
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

gxser wrote:so ill just sell it and get a v6 and go from there i guess thx
Pretty much, there would be alot of transfering of parts either way for you. Another route would be to boost what you got or even better, put in a BPT
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
gxser

Post by gxser »

yea i have a guye selling one 2500 $ it has klze swap alot of upgrades im gonna cheq it out 1 but BPT was is that turbo ? lol i would not mind to figure out how to get more horsies on my 4 bagner it runs fine but not the power i wish i had ya know :D
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

ya i was gonna put the klze in my 4 banger. but once i had a final list of parts i was gonna have to buy/find then swap. i decided to buy a v6. and yea mx3 with the klze is pretty damn fast. i make civics look like mopeds. if you got the money to go into the 4cyl. to build the motor to handle really high compression. and boost it with a nice turbo. f--- the cheap ebay ones. the wastegates are cheap. and the tend to close up. in turn you let off the gas and you throw a rod. the shitty part about buying a worthwhile setup is its impossibe to find a kit. you have to buy almost every part idividually. or how ever you spell that. but you put the money into a 4cyl. with nice motor. tranny and turbo. you got the power of a klze without the weight. my buddy has a 4cyl he built for his mx3. running 10psi on the street and 17psi on the strip. now the next posts are gonna be doubting that. but it is very true. thats what you can do to an mx3 when your rich haha.
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
92 RS with lowering springs, and body kit.
SpatialTerror

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”