Dropping idle...

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Posey24
antispam: No

Dropping idle...

Post by Posey24 »

Hola me again so i jus did an oil change and put in a bottle of Zmaxin my engine and fuel. But my question is why does my car die during idle sometimes. After it warms up it usually doesnt die unless im open trottle the shifting down to a stop at a light or somethi g after i slow down for the most part in 2nd i put it in neutral and brake the rest. Thats when it tends to die. Is it injectors. Fuel pump or egullator. Let me know if u need more info
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Re: Dropping idle...

Post by Tunes67 »

More likely you need to clean your Throttle Body and possibly your intake as well. Check to see if they are all gummed up with oil residue and go from there.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

are you on the 4cyl. or v6? i had the same problem with my 4cyl. i never figured out what was wrong with it. i just turned up the idle a bit. and it stopped. but on my v6. i had a idel jump. it constantly went up and down. and i finally figured out it was a vacume leak on the tb. umm could be a vacume thing on the 4 cyl. cheak your pcv valve. see if if clogged with junk. if it seems like it is take off your valve cover and see if there oil buildup on around the housing. if there is clean it see if that solves the problem. but i would troubleshoot your vacume system for leaks. could be a bad maf.
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
92 RS with lowering springs, and body kit.
SpatialTerror
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

your tps could be off a little. mine did that before i adjusted my tps and then it went away. are you getting any codes? i also had that problem when one of my vacuum lines was unplugged and it told the cel i had a code 16 egr problem.
ianmx3

Post by ianmx3 »

i had a similar problem on a bmw and it was the O2 sensor, try changing that and see what happens. you can also mess with the idle control valve but the ecu will just correct it after a while.

ianmx3

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”