Klze swap....

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Posey24
antispam: No

Klze swap....

Post by Posey24 »

Hola all im getting a klze ive looked at a few postes on it. My question is i found a klze complete from Tiger something japan. 750 it has between 25-30k miles on it. Is it worth the 750. Id give a link but im on my itouch so im a bit limited. It has a straight neck.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Klze swap....

Post by Ryan »

Hey buddy.

Sounds like you need to have a bit more knowledge in your brain.

Does it have the right cams? the right heads? its super easy to swap an intake onto a DE and sell it for $500 more.

Do you know which ECM, and VAF you need?

Do you know the phone number of the place you got it from? The name is important too.

What colour is it under a valvecover?

750 is a good price, depending on where you live...
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Tiger Japanees definitely has ZE's but be warned. You need to know what your looking for because they won't do much to help you out. Take your time and check the engine really well. They broke my engine block removing the tranny and never told me. They loaded it on my truck and if I hadn't doulbe checked I would of driven away with a bad motor.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Daninski wrote:Tiger Japanees definitely has ZE's but be warned. You need to know what your looking for because they won't do much to help you out. Take your time and check the engine really well. They broke my engine block removing the tranny and never told me. They loaded it on my truck and if I hadn't doulbe checked I would of driven away with a bad motor.
Those f***ers!
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I've heard of more than a few people getting crap motors from them and they do not take returns or refunds... So like Ryan said, make sure you get the right thing the first time.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

_-Night-Shade-_ wrote:
Daninski wrote:Tiger Japanees definitely has ZE's but be warned. You need to know what your looking for because they won't do much to help you out. Take your time and check the engine really well. They broke my engine block removing the tranny and never told me. They loaded it on my truck and if I hadn't doulbe checked I would of driven away with a bad motor.
Those f***ers!
Yes, they're Afghanistanees as well. I told they guy "we're over in your country trying to help you guys and your over here fu*king us"
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
MX-3zoom

Post by MX-3zoom »

Daninski wrote:
_-Night-Shade-_ wrote:
Those f***ers!
Yes, they're Afghanistanees as well. I told they guy "we're over in your country trying to help you guys and your over here fu*king us"

Agreed, they wanna make a fast buck, not lookin to help you. RESEARCH, and give it time.
[What can you say, I have a fetish for 3's]
mikeetown wrote: Do what you want to do dude cause in the end, your mx-3 is all about you.
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

LoL oh man you went all patriotic on him, not a fan of that either :) Last time I was there it was actually asian guys, but I got the same vibe.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
MX3-4U2NV
antispam: No

Post by MX3-4U2NV »

The KLZE I recently got was purchased about 6 years ago from Tiger, and has ran fantastic since then, should I be worried?
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

You should be fine. They just screw you on the sale of the motor. Either a DE or damaged. There's plenty of horror storried of Tiger Japan screwing people on here. The only way, go there yourself, pick the motor, pick it up yourself and reinspect it before you leave.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”