Anyone else running e85 in there mx-3

A section dedicated to Engine Mangement Systems & Engine Tuning. Megasquirt, SMS, Haltek, ect.
BlackMazdaMx-3

Anyone else running e85 in there mx-3

Post by BlackMazdaMx-3 »

Just wondering if anyone else is running E85.

My setup is as follows

Fuel system - Walbro 255 pump, stock lines, m-tuned miata fuel rail, 600cc deatschwerks pnp injectors, aeromotive fpr.

Engine management - I am useing a ms1 extra code, with vaf delete and idle control.

Engine - stock Bp-T swap,Ported Vj-20/Vf-10 hybrid, Custom fmic,HKS ssqv bov,Custom Downpipe with External wastegate dump,2-1/2in downpipe back straight pipe exhaust.

300hp and 330tq on Mustang Dyno with this setup.
93 Mazda Mx-3 rs,BP-T swap,22psi,custom fmic,Custom 2-1/2 downpipe with external dump,2-1/2in downpipe back exhaust,Tuned with Megasquirt on E85,Mazda protege G-series transmission,GS rear disk brake swap,H&R lowering springs,corksport front/rear strut tower brace. Dynoed at 300hp and 330tq Mustang dyno, 8.5@87mph 1/8mile http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3139490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

93 Mazda Mx-3 GS,BP swap. Daily driver
Inodoro Pereyra

Re: Anyone else running e85 in there mx-3

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

Ok, I'm not running E85, but I'm very interested on doing so in the future. Can you tell me where can I learn how to define a system to be put on a KL-DE?

Thanks in advance. :)
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

E10 8)
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
BlackMazdaMx-3

Post by BlackMazdaMx-3 »

Inodoro Pereyra wrote:Ok, I'm not running E85, but I'm very interested on doing so in the future. Can you tell me where can I learn how to define a system to be put on a KL-DE?

I have not messed with the v6 engines at all yet about to turbo my brothers car this spring.

You should just need some bigger injectors not sure how big of injectors are avalible i actually need to figure this out for my bros car. The fuel rails for a probe or mx-6, probeaddictions has a rail kit, Then a better fuell pump a walbro 255 hp plugs right in just need a longer fuel line in the tank.

Then you will need something to tune the injecton and timeing to run e85. There is a guy on club protege that is about to make a pnp unit if you are not comfortable wireing it in yourself.

Thant should be all you would need to run a v6 on e85 reliably
93 Mazda Mx-3 rs,BP-T swap,22psi,custom fmic,Custom 2-1/2 downpipe with external dump,2-1/2in downpipe back exhaust,Tuned with Megasquirt on E85,Mazda protege G-series transmission,GS rear disk brake swap,H&R lowering springs,corksport front/rear strut tower brace. Dynoed at 300hp and 330tq Mustang dyno, 8.5@87mph 1/8mile http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3139490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

93 Mazda Mx-3 GS,BP swap. Daily driver
Inodoro Pereyra

That's a start. Thank you. :)

Diogenes of Sinope.
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

Inodoro Pereyra wrote:Ok, I'm not running E85, but I'm very interested on doing so in the future. Can you tell me where can I learn how to define a system to be put on a KL-DE?

The biggest obstacle running E85 on a KL is getting the larger injectors. The best viable option is to run modified stock rails and high flow Nismo injectors. Those are rather pricey but are readily available. Beyond the Nismos I'd look into having a topfeed rail made.

With my experience in tuning KLs I wouldn't mess with E85 unless you're on a built motor and shooting for upwards of 500whp. There's plenty of much easier to tune and easier to obtain options to get you to 500whp. I've recently done some research into converting my own mx3 to E85, but decided against it.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
Inodoro Pereyra

It's not about just getting more power. I want to run E-85 for environmental reasons, and because I can produce it myself.
The power benefits are just a (very welcomed) bonus. 8)

Thank you for the info on the Nismo injectors. I'll look into it when the time comes... :)

Diogenes of Sinope.

Return to “Engine Electronics/Tuning”