Help!!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
brandzs
antispam: No

Help!!!

Post by brandzs »

Hi

I have problem. when i start my (Mazda mx3 v6 24v 1996) and engine is hot, rpms Start jumping up and down!!! no idea where is a problem. In Mazda service they check on computer and told me its fine!!! and when i accelerate its som time shakes. I try to clean injector and add liquid to petrol, change spark plugs and leads and its nothing go better :( :crying:
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Help!!!

Post by Ryan »

vaccuum leak, check accordian tube for cracks.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
davmac

Re: Help!!!

Post by davmac »

If erratic idle only occurs after the engine is warm I would look at the coolant level. Make sure coolant is at the top of the fill tube (front of engine near pulleys). If topping off coolant and purging air does not seem to work then begin looking for a coolant leak.

If there is air in the coolant - because the level is low or there is a leak - the engine will surge because the coolant temp sensor will occasionally be in an air pocket. When you first start the car cold the idle speed is controlled by the IAC alone. Once coolant running through the throttle body / IAC is sufficiently warm control moves to the measured coolant temperature.
Proud owner of a Faded Red 92 MX-3 GS

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”