KLDE swap questions

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
yontzie
antispam: No

KLDE swap questions

Post by yontzie »

I have just recently completed a KLDE swap. It went fairly well. I have done...
-head gasket
-miscellaneous coolant gaskets ect.
-O rings
-seals
-relocated the battery in the trunk -- i used the highest quality 4 gauge sub wire i could find.
-i am using the mazda mx3 coolant piece... the one with 2 thermostats compaired to the DE's 1
-i am using a KL02 MAF
-i am using a KL01 ECU

I have my battery light on, my check engine light on, and my oil light on.

My battery is recharging. i have gotten the alternator and battery tested. I again checked it with a volt meter and it is reading about 13.5V to 14V. I belive my battery light is on due to me moving it to the trunk. maybe it is not reading the current straight of the battery instead it is off the wire..??? My set up for the battery is the 4 gauge sub wire from the positive wire under the hood straight to the battery and the ground on the battery grounded to my chassis and the ground wire under the hood grounded to the chassis as well.

The oil light and the check engine light are confusing me and i have no idea what is causing them. I pulled my codes and i am only getting a knock sensor code. Usually that does not throw the check engine light.

The car drives well and preforms well but all the lights have me slightly concerned.

Any suggestions...?
_-Night-Shade-_

Re: KLDE swap questions

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

The only explanation for the oil light is low oil pressure or a malfunctioning oil pressure sensor/reader/whatever. Are you losing oil?
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

Hmmmm the oil light worries me but if you've driven a while and nothing has happened, it might just be a bad pressure sensor. Surely the engine would have shut down and stopped working if it was low on pressure constantly and you drove it a good while.

Could very well be something to do with your battery because those three lights always come on just before you turn on the car. Don't be fooled by a battery reading good voltage, it could still be bad.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
yontzie

Post by yontzie »

it is deffinately not loosing oil... it might be the sensor...

the batery light today went on and off randomly... some times flickering on and off.....
the check engine light is still worrying me... my selenoids are not opening... i pulled my codes again after a drive to school and back and nothing more than my knock sensor...
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

Battery light coming on and off is usually a failing alternator or a loose connection to it.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

when i relocated my battery to the trunk, i ran a positive all the way to the original positive under the hood. i did the same thing also with the negative, run from the trunk to the original negative under the hood. i also then grounded it in my trunk. i dont have a light on and thats the only difference from my set up to yours.
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
yontzie

Post by yontzie »

okay ill try that....

umm also.. what is the difference between the kl01 and the kl07 they are both found in the probe GT V6 klde

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”