Engine code 25 any help?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Feivel

Engine code 25 any help?

Post by Feivel »

25- Fuel Pressure Regulator Control Solenoid or circuit

Just let me know what i got to look at and what to change.
there is a vacuum thing on the rail and two electrical plugs going to the fuel rail. i just wanna know what to check/change/look at to fix this problem. i have a parts car available (1.8 tho everything seems to fit and work). i have a kl-ze (with
EGR codes also but thats cpu prob.)

As it stands now, my idle air is at NOTHING flat bottom, tps is turned to the right complete. this stops it from reving alone at 4000+ and this keeps the idle jumping 800-1500 BUT while rolling in gear (close to no pedal) it bucks (no tp reading car bucks but this is NOT the problem)
Slammed6

Re: Engine code 25 any help?

Post by Slammed6 »

Well it sounds like a vacuum leak, your TPS should not be all the way in either direction.

Your code 25 is in Brown Image
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Engine code 25 any help?

Post by PATDIESEL »

Yeah will be one of the two brown parts.
Since you say something about the parts car being a 1.8L I am assuming you mean a 1.8L V6 and not a four banger. So that you can use the 1.8L parts for your other motor (DE or ZE) and it will work fine. I also assume you mean you have a DE or ZE, which means you are most likely running a intake manifold other than the one shown in the pic, which is a K8. That being said, there are many other intake manifolds you could be using. However, they all work the same as the below picture, with the exception of true ZE manifolds, curved MX-6 j spec, or the straight necks from the Millinea or 626 j spec. These three do not run a silinoid valve, but rather have the vacuum line connected directly from the pressure regulator to the intake runner. On my car, which uses a straight neck ZE and a re-programmed K8 ECU I still need the silinoid plugged in, but do not actually run the vacuum to it. Otehrwise I have an extra code all the time.
Seeing as how the pressure regulator is not checked electronically I would bet you have an issue with the siliond.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”